INFS4260 and INFS6730 (formerly Data Warehousing) have been renamed Data Integration for Analytics. The course names and course content of both courses have been updated to reflect the latest concepts and technologies in the fields of Data Analytics and Data Science.
Both INFS4260 and INFS6730 may be taken as part of the Data Analytics degree programs (BS in Data Analytics or MS in Data Analytics, respectively), or as Electives.
The MITRE Corporation has announced several unique and exciting job opportunities.
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer
Model-Based Systems Engineer
|B.S. or M.S. in Systems Engineering or related engineering degrees e.g., physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science/engineering, mechanical engineering, cybersecurity engineering, industrial engineering, biomedical engineering, engineering management, aerospace engineering.
If you have completed or are currently working on any engineering academic projects such as design of a mobile or web app, development of a data analytics algorithm or application, or breaking or hardening of an IT system, please indicate this on your resume.
If interested in a position at MITRE, please forward your resume to Kimberly Harrington at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Federated Investors will be on campus Monday, April 3 to conduct practice interviews specifically for Computer-related Undergraduate students. These majors include:
BS (Bachelor of Science) or BS in Information Sciences
Computer Information Systems
Cyber Forensics Info Security (Fully Online)
Cyber Forensics and Information Security
Students should treat these mock interviews as real interviews, dressing professionally and researching the company. The practice interview times will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will be conducted in the Career and Professional Development Center (aka Career Center), which is located in Benjamin Rush, the building near the back entrance of campus.
To sign up for these interviews:
- Go to the ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW tab on the top toolbar of ColonialTRAK and select ‘Sign up for Interviews or Resume Drops‘
- Select Schedule 770 / PRACTICE INTERVIEW – IS/IT/COMPUTER-related Undergraduate MAJORS ONLY- Federated Investors Company Name: Mock.
Students should only sign up if they are committed to attend the practice interview. For more information, go to the ColonialTRAK website. If anyone has questions, please contact Carole Weldon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Business Analytics Associate (Intern). MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology. A core requirement for the internship is the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications.
- Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies
- Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
- Maintain, test, and debug analytical code
- Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
- Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills
- Well-organized with time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- High degree of flexibility
Students can apply here on MSA’s website or through the ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist (Intern) – MS Excel-based Analyst. MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. The intern will be responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring successful completion of client project assignments.
Internship Responsibilities include:
- Run routine reports and conduct preliminary analysis of data
- Become familiar with data analysis and the usage of the company’s analytical tools and capabilities
- Work with team members to learn about the company’s clients
- Provide clients with standard reports and respond to requests for basic ad hoc reports
- Participate in client meetings and shadow Client Relationship Managers to develop a sound knowledge of partnership-building
- Coordinate with internal business groups to resolve basic client problems, and improve levels of service to clients
- Learn the systematic problem solving processes used in Client Service
Required Skills include:
- Strong Math and MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and develop business and data-analysis skills
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, managers, and coworkers
- Team worker
Students can apply here or through RMU’s ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
PharmBlue is looking for a Business Analyst Intern to work for them during the summer, from May 15th to August 15th, in Warrendale, PA. The intern will work 40 hours per week and will be paid $17.50 per hour. The Business Analyst Intern will perform research tasks with a view to gather data pertaining to industry, company and customer trends.
Duties for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize data from multiple sources
- Perform evaluation on new business opportunities and initiatives
- Present timely, compelling, fact based analyses, reports, and dashboards that explain the business “story” behind the data
- Identify critical business problems and translate them into structured analyses
- Document high level requirements using diagrams and structured requirements
- Write reports and manuals for the benefit of end users
- Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to management
- BA, BS or other technical degree
- MBA or graduate degree student
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Students are to send their applications to CConroy@pharmblue.com. Applications must be submitted by Saturday, April 1st. For more information about the internship, click here. For more information about the company PharmBlue, click here.
The Facilities Department at RMU is looking for two Data Analyst Graduate Assistants to work starting this semester. The Graduate Assistant would assist with measuring the effectiveness of strategic initiatives within Maintenance and Operations. This is a twelve month position for twenty hours a week. The position includes a monthly stipend and a tuition fee waiver.
The Graduate Assistant’s responsibilities will include: collaborating with facility professionals to develop good assessment and planning practices, managing multiple data-sets and projects simultaneously; assisting with design of assessment projects, assisting with implementation of data collection processes; cleaning/managing data files and conducting statistical analyses; proofreading and editing reports for statistical errors and inconsistencies.
- Graduate Student currently enrolled in the semester they are working as a Graduate Assistant
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Technical skills: Software applications and Database management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
To apply for this position, contact Michael Yuhas at email@example.com and send him a letter of interest and resume. Accepted applicants can begin work as early as this semester.