Management Science Associates is looking for a Business Analytics Associate (Intern). MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology. A core requirement for the internship is the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications.
- Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies
- Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
- Maintain, test, and debug analytical code
- Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
- Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills
- Well-organized with time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- High degree of flexibility
Students can apply here on MSA’s website or through the ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist (Intern) – MS Excel-based Analyst. MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. The intern will be responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring successful completion of client project assignments.
Internship Responsibilities include:
- Run routine reports and conduct preliminary analysis of data
- Become familiar with data analysis and the usage of the company’s analytical tools and capabilities
- Work with team members to learn about the company’s clients
- Provide clients with standard reports and respond to requests for basic ad hoc reports
- Participate in client meetings and shadow Client Relationship Managers to develop a sound knowledge of partnership-building
- Coordinate with internal business groups to resolve basic client problems, and improve levels of service to clients
- Learn the systematic problem solving processes used in Client Service
Required Skills include:
- Strong Math and MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and develop business and data-analysis skills
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, managers, and coworkers
- Team worker
Students can apply here or through RMU’s ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
PharmBlue is looking for a Business Analyst Intern to work for them during the summer, from May 15th to August 15th, in Warrendale, PA. The intern will work 40 hours per week and will be paid $17.50 per hour. The Business Analyst Intern will perform research tasks with a view to gather data pertaining to industry, company and customer trends.
Duties for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize data from multiple sources
- Perform evaluation on new business opportunities and initiatives
- Present timely, compelling, fact based analyses, reports, and dashboards that explain the business “story” behind the data
- Identify critical business problems and translate them into structured analyses
- Document high level requirements using diagrams and structured requirements
- Write reports and manuals for the benefit of end users
- Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to management
- BA, BS or other technical degree
- MBA or graduate degree student
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Students are to send their applications to CConroy@pharmblue.com. Applications must be submitted by Saturday, April 1st. For more information about the internship, click here. For more information about the company PharmBlue, click here.
The Facilities Department at RMU is looking for two Data Analyst Graduate Assistants to work starting this semester. The Graduate Assistant would assist with measuring the effectiveness of strategic initiatives within Maintenance and Operations. This is a twelve month position for twenty hours a week. The position includes a monthly stipend and a tuition fee waiver.
The Graduate Assistant’s responsibilities will include: collaborating with facility professionals to develop good assessment and planning practices, managing multiple data-sets and projects simultaneously; assisting with design of assessment projects, assisting with implementation of data collection processes; cleaning/managing data files and conducting statistical analyses; proofreading and editing reports for statistical errors and inconsistencies.
- Graduate Student currently enrolled in the semester they are working as a Graduate Assistant
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Technical skills: Software applications and Database management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
To apply for this position, contact Michael Yuhas at firstname.lastname@example.org and send him a letter of interest and resume. Accepted applicants can begin work as early as this semester.
Resco Products, Inc. is seeking recent graduates and/or upcoming May 2016 graduates for an IT Applications Support Specialist position.
This position is a critical part of Resco’s IT team by providing support, testing, implementation and troubleshooting for business critical applications including but not limited to ERP, business intelligence, and Salesforce.com software. This technical and analytical role will be responsible for supporting key components of the business in the definition, development and implementation of business technology solutions and for maintaining systems. In addition, this position provides assistance to other members of the IT team for network support. Will report directly to the Information Technology Manager.
- Some experience preferred but not required
- B.S. in Computer Science / Information Systems or related field
- 0-2+ years administrating Salesforce
- Experience with ERP applications
- 0-2+ years experience in IT administering Windows environments
- Proficiency in Windows 7/8/10 and Office 2010-2016
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Remote administration
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize, self-manage and seek help when necessary
- Strong documentation skills
- Limited travel
The following qualifications would be a plus: A+ Certification, Experience with BI software, Knowledge of QAD enterprise applications, SQL or Progress 4GL knowledge and experience
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Dan Wertz, IT Manger: email@example.com
Please contact the Career Center for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-397-6333.
A new internship opportunity has been posted for students interested in Data Analytics. Othot, a predictive analytics start-up, is currently seeking candidates for an opening as a Data Science Intern. The position will assist in the building of predictive models. The candidate will be expected to work 10-15 hours a week on-site at Othot’s office in Greentree. The starting wage is $10/hour. Othot states that they are looking for “a smart, energetic person who wants to work in a fast-paced startup environment.”
Candidates will be expected to:
– Assist Senior Data Scientists with building, applying, and assessing predictive models
– Analyze data sets using in-house developed solutions
– Determine which data from the customer, Othot data repositories, and other external sources are relevant to an analysis
– Extract and store data from web APIs using Python programming
– Interpret and communicate results of predictive modeling to customers in a way that is easy to understand
– Develop methodologies and tools for assessing model performance
– Explore new predictive analytic methods
– Participate in user interface development
Qualifications for the position include (but are not limited to):
– Experience working with statistical analysis, data science, machine learning, and/or related fields
– Interest and/or familiarity with developing predictive algorithms and models
– Experience with Python programming and libraries for working with data (e.g., scikit-learn and pandas) preferred
– Ability to leverage current and emerging technology
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Capacity to work independently and/or as part of a team
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Mark Voortman at email@example.com