PharmBlue is looking for a Business Analyst Intern to work for them during the summer, from May 15th to August 15th, in Warrendale, PA. The intern will work 40 hours per week and will be paid $17.50 per hour. The Business Analyst Intern will perform research tasks with a view to gather data pertaining to industry, company and customer trends.
Duties for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize data from multiple sources
- Perform evaluation on new business opportunities and initiatives
- Present timely, compelling, fact based analyses, reports, and dashboards that explain the business “story” behind the data
- Identify critical business problems and translate them into structured analyses
- Document high level requirements using diagrams and structured requirements
- Write reports and manuals for the benefit of end users
- Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to management
- BA, BS or other technical degree
- MBA or graduate degree student
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Students are to send their applications to CConroy@pharmblue.com. Applications must be submitted by Saturday, April 1st. For more information about the internship, click here. For more information about the company PharmBlue, click here.
The Facilities Department at RMU is looking for two Data Analyst Graduate Assistants to work starting this semester. The Graduate Assistant would assist with measuring the effectiveness of strategic initiatives within Maintenance and Operations. This is a twelve month position for twenty hours a week. The position includes a monthly stipend and a tuition fee waiver.
The Graduate Assistant’s responsibilities will include: collaborating with facility professionals to develop good assessment and planning practices, managing multiple data-sets and projects simultaneously; assisting with design of assessment projects, assisting with implementation of data collection processes; cleaning/managing data files and conducting statistical analyses; proofreading and editing reports for statistical errors and inconsistencies.
- Graduate Student currently enrolled in the semester they are working as a Graduate Assistant
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Technical skills: Software applications and Database management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
To apply for this position, contact Michael Yuhas at email@example.com and send him a letter of interest and resume. Accepted applicants can begin work as early as this semester.
Resco Products, Inc. is seeking recent graduates and/or upcoming May 2016 graduates for an IT Applications Support Specialist position.
This position is a critical part of Resco’s IT team by providing support, testing, implementation and troubleshooting for business critical applications including but not limited to ERP, business intelligence, and Salesforce.com software. This technical and analytical role will be responsible for supporting key components of the business in the definition, development and implementation of business technology solutions and for maintaining systems. In addition, this position provides assistance to other members of the IT team for network support. Will report directly to the Information Technology Manager.
- Some experience preferred but not required
- B.S. in Computer Science / Information Systems or related field
- 0-2+ years administrating Salesforce
- Experience with ERP applications
- 0-2+ years experience in IT administering Windows environments
- Proficiency in Windows 7/8/10 and Office 2010-2016
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Remote administration
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize, self-manage and seek help when necessary
- Strong documentation skills
- Limited travel
The following qualifications would be a plus: A+ Certification, Experience with BI software, Knowledge of QAD enterprise applications, SQL or Progress 4GL knowledge and experience
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Dan Wertz, IT Manger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Career Center for more information at email@example.com or call 412-397-6333.
A new internship opportunity has been posted for students interested in Data Analytics. Othot, a predictive analytics start-up, is currently seeking candidates for an opening as a Data Science Intern. The position will assist in the building of predictive models. The candidate will be expected to work 10-15 hours a week on-site at Othot’s office in Greentree. The starting wage is $10/hour. Othot states that they are looking for “a smart, energetic person who wants to work in a fast-paced startup environment.”
Candidates will be expected to:
– Assist Senior Data Scientists with building, applying, and assessing predictive models
– Analyze data sets using in-house developed solutions
– Determine which data from the customer, Othot data repositories, and other external sources are relevant to an analysis
– Extract and store data from web APIs using Python programming
– Interpret and communicate results of predictive modeling to customers in a way that is easy to understand
– Develop methodologies and tools for assessing model performance
– Explore new predictive analytic methods
– Participate in user interface development
Qualifications for the position include (but are not limited to):
– Experience working with statistical analysis, data science, machine learning, and/or related fields
– Interest and/or familiarity with developing predictive algorithms and models
– Experience with Python programming and libraries for working with data (e.g., scikit-learn and pandas) preferred
– Ability to leverage current and emerging technology
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Capacity to work independently and/or as part of a team
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Mark Voortman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CIS Department is very proud to announce that it sought and received approval to change the name of three of its degree programs. Starting in Fall 2015, the B.S. in Competitive Intelligence Systems and M.S. in Competitive Intelligence Systems will be known, respectively, as the B.S. in Data Analytics, and the M.S. in Data Analytics. In addition, the fully-online M.S. in Competitive Intelligence Systems degree program will also be changed to the M.S. in Data Analytics.
In order to be consistent with the degree name changes, INFS3510 Competitive Intelligence will be changed to INFS3510 Intro to Data Analytics and INFS6510 Competitive Intelligence will be changed to INFS6510 Intro to Data Analytics.
The curricula of all three programs will remain exactly the same.
The CIS Department did extensive research of the Business Intelligence/Business Analytics field and feels that these updated program names are more consistent with industry and will allow our graduates to be more marketable and competitive in their career search.
To learn more about our Data Analytics programs, check out these links:
If you have further questions about this change, please contact your academic advisor.
CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation) is hosting two FREE webinars on the topics of cyber security and Big Data. For those unfamiliar with CSC, the corporation is one of the biggest IT companies in the world. They employ over 72,000 people in over 70 countries across the world and currently have main offices located in Sweden, Denmark, and Norway.
The first online seminar is on Tuesday, March 10th, from 6-7 PM. The presenter of the seminar is Robert J. Carey. Mr. Carey worked for the Department of Defense for over 31 years and recently retired in March, 2014. Mr. Carey championed the ideas of enterprise computing, improved military mobile solutions, and advanced cyber security while working for the United States Navy. He currently holds the position of Vice President of Cyber Security at Computer Sciences Corporation.
The second online seminar offered is on Thursday, March 26th, from 6-7 PM. The presenter of this seminar is Hank Tseu. Mr. Tseu is the director and general manager of 42six. 42six develops big data and mobility software for CSC’s North American public sector. Mr. Tseu has over 15 years in the field applying cutting edge technology in mission critical environments in the areospace and defense industry.
To register for either (or both) webinars, simply click on the following link and fill in the following information:
- Email address
- University currently attending/attended
- Graduation year
Click Here to Register!