There will be an interview day on November 10, 2017 at IUP Monroeville. This interview day is geared toward students in: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Information Systems and Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and the various related sub-disciplines within these fields.
Confirmed employers to date are:
Bayer: Information Technology Intern, Assistant Analyst IT (Rotational Program)
Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory: Lab Inspector
creehan and company: Business Analyst, Software Engineer/Developer, Technical Writer, QA Tester, Business Solutions Specialist
Duquesne Light: Intern – Audit/IT Audit/Risk, End User Computing Analyst – Intern, Business Support Analyst – Intern, Project Coordinator – Intern (2), Business Systems Analyst – Intern, Software Engineer (2), Systems Analyst – Intern, Information Security Analyst – Intern (3) Expedient: Front Desk Analyst with IT Experience, IT Support Technician
Information Age Technologies: Software Developer
UPMC: Information Services Division Rotation Program, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Programmer, Data Comm Specialist
U.S Steel Corporation: Intern Westmoreland Mechanical Testing and Research, Technician/Analyst
To be eligible for this interview day, candidates must complete all of the following three steps (in order) prior to the registration deadline of Wednesday, October 25, 2017 by 12:00 PM. Exceptions to this deadline will not be made.
Step #1: Read participating employer position descriptions.
- Read the positions descriptions in detail. Identify the position(s) that you would like to apply to. Before completing the candidate registration form to verify that you meet the criteria for application.
- Go to http://www.scimathtech.com/Student-information to see a PDF with the companies and the positions descriptions for the 2017 Interview Day. Note that this is not an exhaustive list. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
When saving your Resume it is imperative that you use the following naming convention and that the files are saved as a PDF or Word Document.
- Internship Resume: LastName_FirstName_Internship_Resume (Doe_John_Internship_Resume.pdf
- Employment Resume: LastName_FirstName_Employment_Resume (Doe_John_Employment_Resume)
Please type “2017 SciMathTech Resume” in the subject line in the email.
In the body of the email, be sure to include the company name and title of the position(s) in which you are applying.
- Employers will review submitted resumes and select the students they wish to interview. Not everyone will be chosen for an interview.
- Candidates will be notified of their application status on November 6 by David Munn.
- Some employers may require an online application prior to the interview. It is the Career Center liaison’s responsibility to inform their student of this additional online application requirement.
- Contact your Career Center liaison for transportation information. Some institutions are offering transportation to the event and some are not.
Location: IUP Monroeville Graduate and Professional Center
400 Penn Center Boulevard
Building 4, Suite 900
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Parking: Free parking in front and on both sides of building.
Food: Vending machines are located on the 1st floor at the end of the corridor. Several restaurants are located on the shopping plaza and food court that are within walking distance (ie. Starbucks, Panera, Subway, Applebees)