Top Secret Colonials will be having a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza on Monday, April 3rd. The fundraiser will take place between 4 pm and 9 pm. In order to be involved with the fundraiser, all you have to do is bring the flyer (posted below) or show it on your phone before paying. Blaze Pizza will donate 20% of proceeds to the Top Secret Colonials.
Blaze Pizza is located in Settlers Ridge at 290 Settlers Ridge Center Drive in Robinson Township. For more information about the event, see the flyer below.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Software Developer to intern for them in Pittsburgh. Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology.
- Assist with fixing minor bugs
- Work under the direct supervision of Senior Software Developers and Software Engineers to perform maintenance on existing software products
- Independently work on all SDLC phases
- Work with Software Engineering staff to understand and learn to resolve software problems
- Research third-party ingredient technologies to determine upgrade/migration paths and impacts to current frameworks
- Participate in user interface design
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Programming experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of relational databases, Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong communication and technical skills
Students can apply on the MSA website here or through the ColonialTRAK website. Students must apply by Saturday, May 27th.
The Bayer Corporation is looking IT interns to start on May 1st, 2017 in the Pittsburgh area. Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
•Identify, analyze, plan, design, document and deliver technical solutions to meet the business requirements;
•Assist IT members to gain a direct view of what is involved in supporting ongoing IT efforts;
•Work with senior members of the team and assist with tasks of low to medium complexity.
• Currently enrolled in their Sophomore year or higher of a Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field;
• Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (GPA must be stated on the resume) to demonstrate knowledge of technical and analytical areas;
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact with and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals;
• Project coordination with the ability to be proactive and identify creative, effective technical solutions;
• Self-leadership demonstrated by initiative and positive approach to tasks, decision-making.
For more information, view this link. To apply, click here.
Federated Investors will be on campus Monday, April 3 to conduct practice interviews specifically for Computer-related Undergraduate students. These majors include:
BS (Bachelor of Science) or BS in Information Sciences
Computer Information Systems
Cyber Forensics Info Security (Fully Online)
Cyber Forensics and Information Security
Students should treat these mock interviews as real interviews, dressing professionally and researching the company. The practice interview times will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will be conducted in the Career and Professional Development Center (aka Career Center), which is located in Benjamin Rush, the building near the back entrance of campus.
To sign up for these interviews:
- Go to the ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW tab on the top toolbar of ColonialTRAK and select ‘Sign up for Interviews or Resume Drops‘
- Select Schedule 770 / PRACTICE INTERVIEW – IS/IT/COMPUTER-related Undergraduate MAJORS ONLY- Federated Investors Company Name: Mock.
Students should only sign up if they are committed to attend the practice interview. For more information, go to the ColonialTRAK website. If anyone has questions, please contact Carole Weldon at email@example.com.
Come to the CIS Student Advising Day so that you can be cleared to register for Fall 2017 classes. It will be held in the Wheatley Atrium on Wednesday, March 22nd from 4-6pm. CIS faculty will be available to assist you with scheduling. As always, you can also contact your academic advisor for a private one-on-one meeting if you prefer.
Free pizza will be provided at this event!
The company DVSport, Inc. is looking for IT/Technical interns to work for them part-time throughout the Spring and Summer. DVSport, Inc. is an agile software company founded in Pittsburgh, PA in 2002 specializing in digital video acquisition, analysis, and play-back software designed specifically for the sports and medical markets. DVSport interns will work in a dynamic environment that is reflective of the fast paced operations of their company. Interns will work five days a week, up to eight hours a day. The wage is up to $10 per hour.
Internship Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the building and maintaining of hardware for client use.
- Testing and loading company software onto client hardware.
- Exercise quality control measures for all equipment before implementation by clients and DVSport staff.
- Assist with inventory control from all points of product life cycle.
- Assist with logistical needs and ensure quality control procedures in shipping/receiving.
- Commitment to providing the best experience for clients.
- Entering junior or senior year/nearing completion of their degree program.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Industrial System Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related IT or Engineering discipline, Supply Chain Management, Sports Management, Business Administration.
- Demonstrate working understanding and knowledge of the IT field.
- Working familiarity with electronic components and maintenance of components.
- Capable of working independently as well as with a team.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to lift objects upwards of 50 lbs.
- U.S. Citizenship preferred.
- Willing to live and work in the Pittsburgh area for the duration of their internship.
To apply, please go to internships.com and search for “DVSport” or click here. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website. There are eight openings available.
McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Six Sigma Intern” to work in their internship program. McKesson provides technology that supports pharmacy operations and patient care through operational workflow, clinical programs, 340B program management, and inventory optimization. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This a paid internship that involves part-time and/or full-time work. The average work day will last eight hours. The internship will take place in Moon Township. Each intern is assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services business.
Six Sigma Internship Details:
- Complete online Yellow Belt Training.
- Develop Project Charters and Business Cases for potential future Six Sigma projects.
- Support Black Belts in administering the Six Sigma Green Belt Program.
- Support Black Belt and Green Belt projects by:
- Mapping the current state of the process
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- Analyzing the root causes of non-conformance
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate with finance to ensure that project improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to Accounting, Finance or MIS and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills:
- Willingness to learn, develop and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience leading a project.
- High degree of personal initiative.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
Applicants are encouraged to visit McKesson’s booth at the RMU Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd from 12 – 3pm. They can also apply through McKesson’s website. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website.
McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Customer Experience – Asset Migrations” Intern to work for them in their internship program. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This is a paid internship; it is part-time and/or full time work. The intern program will take place in Moon Township, and each intern will be assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Systems business unit.
- Work with the Asset Migrations team within Customer Experience and key project stakeholders.
- Identify customers impacted by new software upgrades.
- Implement a plan to contact customers through various channels to remind them to upgrade.
- Re-design the current upgrade mailing campaign to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design a reports and dashboards to monitor upgrade rates.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to MIS, Marketing or Business Administration and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills: critical thinking, data analysis, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the McKesson booth at RMU’s Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd, from 12 – 3pm. For more information about the internship, visit the ColonialTRAK website.
Hussey Copper is looking for an IT Programmer/Analyst this summer to work closely with a senior level developer supporting our ERP business system (ROSS – GEMBASE/DML coding language, SQL Database, and Crystal Reporting). Become familiar with their standard methodologies, processes, policies, and assist with development.
• Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective, inputs, and output requirements with mentor.
• Define specifications that meet the desired requirements.
• Develop and implement functionality per the specifications.
• 25-30 hours per week schedule between 8am – 5pm.
• Internship Supervisor – IT Operations Manager (Brian McNamara)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• General programming skills
• Ability to analyze information for problem solving
• Software development and testing fundamentals
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Personal commitment to working within a team environment
Apply through ColonialTRAK or to Jim Bish at firstname.lastname@example.org
Management Science Associates, an information management company, is looking for an internship. Applicants must have the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications. Frequent client interaction, both verbal and written, is required.
* Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies. May interact with clients with significant guidance from higher-level team members.
* Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
* Maintain existing analytical code
* Test and debug analytical code
* Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members, and provide support during client presentations
* Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills. Proficient with statistical methods, models, and analytics.
* Organized with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Detail-oriented, with an eye for quality standards
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
* Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
* Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
* Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
* Self-motivated for continued learning and growth
* High degree of flexibility
* Accepting of change and uncertainty
You can find more information about this opportunity here. Applications can be found here. The application deadline is May 2, 2017.