Symbiotries, Inc. is currently seeking applications for its software design internship program. Symbiotries is a startup tech company that focuses on accounting software, employee benefits, retirement plans, and insurance. Through this internship, you will gain experience of working on actual marketing campaigns, social media, website and design work. This position would report directly to the CTO of the company.
The internship will take place from Spring 2018 through August 2018 in Wexford. It is flexible, with a 15 to 25 hour work week. The intern will receive a salary of $12.75 per hour.
The position would require:
- Applicants working towards their degree in computer design
- Computer applications
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- QuickBooks and Peachtree knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of both PC and Macs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working on company social media applications
- Software and website design
- Must have reliable transportation
- Working up to 25 hours a week and have a flexible work schedule
- The position could lead to a full time position upon graduation
To apply for this internship, please email Randy Kreider at email@example.com. For more information, click here.
Lunch and Learn with Plus Consulting. Plus Consulting is looking for IT interns. Please see their job posting on ColonialTRAK (ID#44663) Bring your resume to the Lunch and Learn in Benjamin Rush at 12:30.
The Top Secret Colonials are hosting an event at Buffalo Wild Wings on Tuesday, March 27th, from 4PM until close. During this time, Buffalo Wild Wings will automatically donate 10% of all net sales to the Top Secret Colonials. Buffalo Wild Wings is located at 480 Home Dr. in Robinson. For more information, see the attached flyer.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be hosting the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) Cybersecurity Webinar. The event will take place from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 29.
The webinar will be for college and university students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a cybersecurity career at NPPD. This webinar will feature a panel of NPPD employees who will share their experiences in cybersecurity and career paths at NPPD. In addition, human resource officials will explain the federal application process and highlight NPPD career pathways for students and recent graduates.
This event is free for participants. To register, click here. As space is limited, it is recommended you register soon.
The Academic Media Center has an opportunity for a graduate student to serve as the Operations Manager for RMU Radio, a student run web based radio station, beginning Fall 2018.
Responsibilities: Scheduling of programs, promotion of programs, special events, operation training and coordinating radio remotes. Working with the Director of the Academic Media Center, the AMC staff, the Graduate Assistant will be responsible for the organization of the radio facility, radio programming, viewer analytics, social media postings and the training and operation associated equipment (both studio and remote) and serve as President of the Radio Club.
Qualifications: We are looking for someone who can lead undergraduates and serve as a liaison between the radio station and the entire RMU Community. Organizational leadership with management and computer skills are required.
Compensation is a $500/mo stipend and 100% Tuition.
Apple has been very inventive, creating its own way of doing things, and therefore made themselves capable of saying “our way is better.” The frequent debate of Apple and Android comes from Apple’s exclusivity and notoriety of iMessage, FaceTime, and Apple Music.
Now, Apple has expressed that it uses Google cloud, much like Android uses Google Cloud. If there are any concerns about this being unsafe, it is important to know that Google Cloud services that are being used by Apple only store the encrypted version of your saved files; Apple uses AES-128 and a key derived from each file chunk’s contents, utilizing SHA-256. While AES can be deemed insecure by many, it in combination with SHA-256 adds decent security. It is after that that they are saved onto a Google Cloud Platform.
This may not affect Apple as much as this agreement has affected Google; this has given their cloud services a major boost in use in comparison to its Amazon and Microsoft Cloud competition.
Need more Proof? The iOS Security Guide is frequently updated, and has recently confirmed use of Google Cloud for iCloud services.
Highmark Health has openings in enterprise/mainframe areas for new graduates. You may qualify if you will be graduating in May and have experience with any mainframe courses such as:
INFS2130 / INFS6130 COBOL
INFS3130 / INFS6320 Advanced COBOL
INFS3212 / INFS6212 Enterprise Operating Systems (zOS)
INFS4242 / INFS6242 Enterprise DBMS (DB2)
INFS3131 / INFS6231 Enterprise TPS (CICS)
Calgon Carbon Corporation is looking for an Information Systems & Security Intern and a Governance, Risk and Compliance Security Analyst. Calgon Carbon is the leader in activated carbon technologies. Its Corporate Headquarters is located in Moon Township.
For the Internship:
The intern will be tasked with assisting with the development of the Calgon Carbon Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) development. They will work 40 hours per week.
- Work with the GRC software to grow the platform and its use.
- Work with our Managed Service Provider to align them to the GRC program and needs whether defining new policy or remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Develop training for the required teams on how to use the GRC tool based on the modules that are built out. Example would be training audit on how to use the audit automation within the GRC tool.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, focused on Information Security, Information Systems, IT Risk, or related field of study.
- Solid technical understanding of infrastructure and security operations.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Excellent process engineering skills.
- Solid understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance and the benefits it provides to the company.
- Ability to communicate in small or large groups and influence individuals to complete assigned deliverables.
- Able to present findings or training session for users.
For the Analyst Position:
Calgon Carbon is seeking a Security Analyst with cyber security experience that extends into experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) to assist Calgon Carbon in aligning with NIST SP 800-53/171 standards.
- IT security and audit experience with extensive knowledge of national/international security standards including NIST, PCI, DFARS, SOX, ITAR and other regulatory requirements. Conduct security audits and provide recommendations to mitigate risks, including anti-virus solutions, vulnerability scans, and disaster recovery and business continuity work practices.
- Design and implement solutions based on the requirements for the various standards that need to be implemented and followed.
- Conduct Information Risk Assessments as assigned. Clearly and concisely document and communicate risk assessment results as appropriate.
- Conduct and formulate appropriate risk scoring, as it relates to threat, vulnerability, likelihood, impact, security controls/counter-measures, etc.
- Create and maintain security policies and procedures including general corporate policies and specific technology requirements including build and hardening guidelines.
- Evaluate, configure and support security tools and solutions, i.e. SIEM, MFA, DR/BC, etc.
- Conduct gap analysis and create action plans.
- Monitor and/or complete daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly security tasks and work with Calgon Carbon’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) to execute and remediate as required.
- 3-5 years experience in cyber security space and building a GRC program against an industry standard, preferably NIST SP 800-53 and/or 800-171.
- University degree (B.A. or B.S.) – preferred IT, IT Cyber Security, Computer Technology or comparable
- Experience in managing and directing resources from contractor and vendors to achieve desired results
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation skills.
- Preference given for certifications, such as, CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.
- Possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
For the internship, students can apply here. For the analyst position, students can apply here.