UPMC Corporate Services is hiring a full-time Systems Analyst – Intermediate to help support the Enterprise Radiology Imaging Department for its UPMC Baum location. The Systems Analyst – Intermediate provides experienced analytical and/or programming capabilities, defines requirements, develops and/or maintains computer applications/systems, and provides services to meet client IT and business needs.
- Develops and maintains project work plans for small to medium projects.
- Maintains and supports production systems.
- Interviews personnel from client area to learn system requirements and identify methods of resolving problems and/or meeting client needs. Handles multiple/concurrent project assignments.
- Prepares and maintains documentation for new and existing systems, ensuring compliance with departmental procedures.
- Maintains and increases knowledge of health care industry and information system technology.
- Utilizes project tailoring tools, codes, and tests ad hoc reports.
- Develops and/or assists project leader in developing detailed specifications including record layouts, functional specifications, screen designs, and report layouts.
- Designs and executes test data; works closely with user during testing; trains users on applications as appropriate.
- Associate Degree or equivalent education / job experience required; BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred.
- Periodic review of work in progress and at project completion. Supervisor contact is biweekly. Regular contact with users, vendors, and other outside contact. Regular exercise of judgment and initiative required to review/analyze issues. Flexibility to use problem solving alternatives that may not be governed by established procedures.
- Minimum 1 year experience in systems analysis and programming required. Requires analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ideally seeking candidates with Epic experience that would include implementation and support of EpicCare Ambulatory and Inpatient applications, Beacon, Radiant, Cupid, Beaker. MyChart, Haiku, Canto, Phoenix.
- Candidates that have other clinical system experience (Cerner, Siemens, Allscripts, etc.) are preferred.