Do you graduate in December? Are you still looking for a job? Do you have an interest in programming, specifically Cobol? If you answered yes to these questions, Dollar Bank may be the right fit for you. Dollar Bank is currently hiring entry-level programmer analysts. This is a full-time position focused on “producing programs which contribute to the solution of business problems or needs of the Bank.”
Objectives of the position include:
•Codes Cobol programs and tests for accuracy.
•Prepares documentation for Systems and Programming
•Implements program changes.
•Tests programs for accuracy.
•Designs systems and performs associated tasks involved with the system’s design, including running tests and implementing new development and existing projects.
•Solves problems that tend to arise in the normal course of business, including off-hours calls.
•Communicates accurate task status to supervisor and peers.
•Graduate from an IT Technical school or college degree with concentration in Information Technology required. Will consider commensurate.
•Must have course work or knowledge of programming.
•Must possess excellent analytical skills as the candidate will be required to determine what changes are necessary to accomplish project requirements.
•Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Candidate must be able to work under pressure and have proven ability to meet deadlines.
•Cobol classes or knowledge of Cobol is a plus.
Interested applicants can apply online at https://www.dollar.bank/Company/Careers and by searching for the position by its title (Programmer Analyst) or job reference number (1412BR).
SDLC Partners, L.P. is the business minded, tech-savvy, people driven alternative to large professional services organization. Our consultants take a practical and collaborative approach to deliver process improvement, analytics, and technology solutions to national and regional customers by effectively working with business and I.T. to serve as the “execution partner of choice”. SDLC is proud to be recognized as the #2 job creator in Pennsylvania by Inc.’s 2013 Hire Power.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this project is to work with our client to support their various COBOL applications, providing enhancements and maintenance.
- Partner with clients to develop a trusted relationship
- Work with a wide array of business and IT management to analyze, design and develop system architecture using standard COBOL design patterns
- Analyze existing programs to determine the impact of proposed changes and propose alternative approaches
- Create technical documentation, including system architecture and design, use case diagrams, and workflow diagrams and verified against business requirements
- Support testing, debugging, and refining the software to produce the required product
- Good experience in application of standard software development principles
- Flexibility to work on modifications to existing systems as well as development of brand new mainframe applications
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree
- Experience in Mainframe COBOL
- Minimum 3-4 years of mainframe-based application development experience
- Preferred: 7+ years of mainframe-based application development experience
- Specialized Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of COBOL programming language
- Thorough knowledge of JCL and job scheduling techniques
- Experience with staging and packaging elements for production turnover
- Experience with DB2 and SQL queries, including integration of queries within COBOL programs
- Experience with program debugging tools such as Expeditor or Tracemaster
- Experience with IBM utilities in JCL such as IDCAMS, IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SYNCSORT
- Experience in on-call situations solving production abends is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with DB2
- Healthcare insurance industry experience preferred but not required
- Additional Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Basic client-facing skills
- Desire for achievement and action
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Strong focus on delivery to the client through execution
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Apply through ColonialTRAK by October 19, 2015 at 11:59pm. The ID number for this position on ColonialTRAK is 32326.
Dollar Bank COBOL Position Open
Dollar bank is now looking for an employee for their COBOL Programmer/Analysts position. Requirements are:
- Graduate from an IT Technical school or college degree with concentration in Information Technology required. Will consider commensurate experience.
- Must have course work or knowledge of programming
- Must possess excellent analytical skills as the candidate will be required to determine what changes are necessary to accomplish project requirements
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure and have proven ability to meet deadlines
- COBOL classes or knowledge of COBOL is a plus
Scope of Work:
- Codes COBOL programs and tests for accuracy
- Prepares documentation for Systems and Programming
- Implements program changes
- Tests programs for accuracy
- Designs systems and performs associated tasks involved with the system’s design, including running tests and implementing new development and existing projects
- Solves problems that tend to arise in the normal course of business, including off-hours calls
- Communicates accurate task status to supervisor and peers
- Performs other duties as assigned
Human Resources Officer
Three Gateway Center, 1 West
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Phone: 412-261-5979 Fax: 412-261-5854