The Western PA Collegiate Job and Internship Fair will be held on Wednesday, March 15 from 10 am to 3 pm at the Monroeville Convention Center. This is the largest job fair in the region, with more than 150 employers expected. At least 33 of the employers will be for Computer Science and IT majors.
Students and alumni from WestPACS member schools (RMU included) may pre-register online by 11:59pm on March 13 and attend for free. Otherwise, you may register at the event for a $10 fee. All candidates are required to wear appropriate professional attire.
To pre-register for the event, or if you would like more information, please visit: http://www.westpacs.org/
Below is a list of some of the companies that will be at the event:
All Lines Technology
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc.
Callos / Nesco Resource
Cook MyoSite, Inc.
Creehan & Company
Distributed Information Technologies
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
Keller Williams Real Estate Professionals
PA Dept. of Corrections
PA State Police
US Air Force
Hoss’s Steak and Sea House
Kurt J. Lesker Company
Management Science Associates, Inc
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
PA Army National Guard
True Commerce, a HighJump Company
The Top Secret Colonials will be sponsoring a presentation by UPMC which will be held on Wednesday, March 1st from 4:30 – 5:30 pm in the Wheatley Atrium. UPMC will be presenting on security awareness; they will talk about how to handle one of the largest in-house security teams in Pittsburgh. The presenters will discuss the various teams that make up the information security group and the different skill sets they look for in employees. UPMC will also discuss the different software and hardware tools that it uses to keep the organization protected.
There will be three presenters from UPMC at this event:
- Darrin Henderson – Senior Manager of Network Security and F5 Application Delivery at UPMC. Darrin has over ten years of IT experience, with degrees from Pittsburgh Technical Institute, Robert Morris University, and Capitol College.
- CJ Gerardi – Intermediate Information Security Analyst for the Security Operations Center at UPMC. CJ has worked with UPMC for three years and is a graduate of Robert Morris University.
- Greg Kassimer – Director of Security for the Information Services division at UPMC. Greg has over eighteen years of experience in healthcare IT and is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh.
A member of the HR team will also be present to answer questions about internships and full-time opportunities with UPMC.
Students will receive SET credit for attending this event, and pizza will be provided. For more information about this event, contact Dr. Paullet at email@example.com.
On Tuesday, February 28th, the Top Secret Colonials will be sponsoring a Buffalo Wild Wings night. From 4:00 pm to close, Buffalo Wild Wings will donate 10% of their net sales to the Top Secret Colonials; all you have to do is show them the flyer and ticket (attached below). Buffalo Wild Wings is located 480 Home Drive in Robinson. For more information, see the flyer below.
On Wednesday, February 22nd, the Top Secret Colonials will be sponsoring a Resume Writing Tips event with speaker David Tyburski from S2scout. David will discuss what is needed in a resume to find the perfect job. The event will take place from 4:30 to 5:30 pm in the Wheatley Atrium.
David Tyburski is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and RMU graduate. He worked in the I.T. field for over a decade before he created S2scout. He leads a team of seasoned recruiters (called “Scouts”) who are dedicated to helping clients and candidates find the right opportunity as soon as possible.
Students will receive SET credit for attending this event. Refreshments will be available. For more information about the event, contact Dr. Paullet at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about S2scout, click here.
Below is the description and outline of the presentation by David Tyburski:
The intent of this presentation is to educate students about finding “the job,” not just “a job.” I hope to do so by sharing my knowledge and some of the “good, bad and the ugly” experiences I’ve had during my tenure in the staffing industry.
- The Job Search…minus the b.s.
- Social Media: Your “perfect job” assassin.
- The REAL Resume
- The squeaky wheel gets the….J-O-B.
- Do this. Don’t do that.
- Pulp non-Fiction
- Networking: Rinse and Repeat.
- When in doubt…Pearl Jam
- Unthought Known
- Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town
- Mind Your Manners
- Hard To Imagine
- I Am Mine
Westinghouse Electric is looking for an Information Security Intern. The internship will take place during the summer and will be focused around Cyber Forensics and Information Security. The initial project of the internship would be working in the company’s forensic and investigation area to consolidate systems images for archives. The intern will produce a prototype of a low cost intrusion detection system, using commercial “off the shelf” technology.
- Rising junior or senior
- Line of study should be around Cyber Forensics and Information Security
- Familiar with Systems and Network Administration
- Software development background (but not an extensive developer)
- Coursework completed in Network or Systems Administration
To apply for this internship, please send your resumes to: email@example.com. The internship will take place in Cranberry Woods, PA. Students must apply by Sunday, April 30th. For more information, click here.
“The Mission of the Open Mainframe Project is to create an open source, technical community that industry and community participants may easily participate in so that they may contribute to the creation of assets and materials that will benefit the development of Enterprise Grade characteristics of Linux.”
– Linux Foundation on the Open Mainframe Project
This is a rare opportunity – only 8 interns get this chance! If selected, you would get to work with a mentor on your own custom project focusing on improvement of the High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Security, Reliability, Serviceability, Performance and/or Scalability of Linux.
Proposals should Include:
- The project idea you would like to propose
- Why you’d want to do this project
- Your contact information
- Your academic information/transcript/experience
- 1 to 2 references
**Speak to Open Mainframe Project Mentors to get advice on applying.
Go to this link to apply. Proposals are due February 15th, 2017.
Ariba, Inc. is a company that provides collaborative business commerce solutions to companies from a cloud-based environment, using software as a service technology (SaaS) to help businesses with the procurement of goods or services from external sources. Arabia, Inc. is currently seeking a iXp (Internet exchange point) summer intern in the Pittsburgh area to help with customer service.
The Procurement Operations Intern is the face and voice of SAP Ariba to our customers, building relationships in each interaction. Interns help our customers maximize the benefits of SAP Ariba solutions to facilitate a global exchange of goods and services in the world’s largest business to business trading community. They use their expertise and collaborate with team members and customers across the globe to provide detailed solutions that exceed expectations.
Expectations & Tasks
• Provides inbound application and functional support for all relevant Ariba applications, both internally and externally, by way of phone, web form and chat
• Resolves 80% of issues without escalation.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner and within service level objectives.
• Successfully documents all requests through the CRM system while adhering to all documented procedures.
• Provides general assistance to other teams within Global Customer Support and SAP Ariba.
• Conducts all customer interactions in a manner that presents SAP Ariba in a positive light. Specialists are required to be respectful, fair, gracious and knowledgeable and to uphold the core values established by SAP Ariba.
• Ensures that individual performance meets or exceeds the department standards.
• Successfully completes all projects and tasks assigned.
Skills / Competencies
• Technical aptitude. Knowledge in computer hardware and software applications along with experience using the Internet.
• Minimum of 1 year work experience preferred.
For more information about the job, click here.
If you are interested in applying, see: http://bit.ly/2jEe547