Management Science Associates, an information management company, is looking for an internship. Applicants must have the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications. Frequent client interaction, both verbal and written, is required.
* Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies. May interact with clients with significant guidance from higher-level team members.
* Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
* Maintain existing analytical code
* Test and debug analytical code
* Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members, and provide support during client presentations
* Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills. Proficient with statistical methods, models, and analytics.
* Organized with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Detail-oriented, with an eye for quality standards
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
* Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
* Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
* Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
* Self-motivated for continued learning and growth
* High degree of flexibility
* Accepting of change and uncertainty
You can find more information about this opportunity here. Applications can be found here. The application deadline is May 2, 2017.
Pocket Nurse, a medical supply and equipment distributor, is looking for a summer intern to provide technical assistance and support to the Information Technology Department and end-users.
Internship Responsibilities (partial list):
- Provides desk side and remote technical assistance during regular business hours using the Pocket Nurse® IT Help Desk System to log, update and close-out when an issue is resolved.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse approved desktops, laptops, virtual workstations, mobile phones, and other devices.
- Prepares activity reports.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse-approved devices, various operating systems and enterprise business applications, network connectivity, etc.
- Issuing and maintainting inventory of IT-related equipment
- Provides support to IT team members for project implementation and maintenance as needed.
- Adheres to departmental standards while maintaining a highly professional service level that is courteous and knowledgeable to all IT skill levels of their internal customers.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with VMware or remote desktop technology.
• Strong computer knowledge including proficiency with MS Office, Windows OS, hardware, software, and internet technology.
• Ability to learn new technologies and expand knowledge of internal systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and research information quickly for solutions.
• Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive work relationships with all levels of individuals in a company.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems.
• Strong Attention to detail.
• Proficient with LAN/WAN hardware administration or Brocade Networking; SharePoint a plus.
• Experience with ShoreTel phone systems a plus.
• Experience with Spice Works a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML, PHP, CMS and Progress a plus.
Students can find more information about this opportunity here and can apply at http://careers.pocketnurse.com. Applications must be submitted by April 14, 2017.
Ariba, Inc. is a company that provides collaborative business commerce solutions to companies from a cloud-based environment, using software as a service technology (SaaS) to help businesses with the procurement of goods or services from external sources. Arabia, Inc. is currently seeking a iXp (Internet exchange point) summer intern in the Pittsburgh area to help with customer service.
The Procurement Operations Intern is the face and voice of SAP Ariba to our customers, building relationships in each interaction. Interns help our customers maximize the benefits of SAP Ariba solutions to facilitate a global exchange of goods and services in the world’s largest business to business trading community. They use their expertise and collaborate with team members and customers across the globe to provide detailed solutions that exceed expectations.
Expectations & Tasks
• Provides inbound application and functional support for all relevant Ariba applications, both internally and externally, by way of phone, web form and chat
• Resolves 80% of issues without escalation.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner and within service level objectives.
• Successfully documents all requests through the CRM system while adhering to all documented procedures.
• Provides general assistance to other teams within Global Customer Support and SAP Ariba.
• Conducts all customer interactions in a manner that presents SAP Ariba in a positive light. Specialists are required to be respectful, fair, gracious and knowledgeable and to uphold the core values established by SAP Ariba.
• Ensures that individual performance meets or exceeds the department standards.
• Successfully completes all projects and tasks assigned.
Skills / Competencies
• Technical aptitude. Knowledge in computer hardware and software applications along with experience using the Internet.
• Minimum of 1 year work experience preferred.
For more information about the job, click here.
If you are interested in applying, see: http://bit.ly/2jEe547