UPMC is looking for students to participate in their Information Services Division (ISD) Summer Associate Program. This is an eleven-week paid internship. This program is a great way for students to kick-start their career and begin to prepare for full-time opportunities with UPMC post-graduation.
Summer associates will have the opportunity to:
- Work in one of UPMC’s many ISD areas including (but not limited to) information security, enterprise architecture, desktop design and integration, custom application development, cloud operations, project management, coding and testing, infrastructure, and strategic planning
- Gain hands-on training and real-world experience with access to top-notch technology in the world of innovative Healthcare IT
- Become a top candidate in consideration for their full-time ISD Rotational Program for recent graduates
- Be a part of Life Changing Medicine and see the impact your work can make on patient care and the future of healthcare
The deadline to apply is Thursday, November 1st. For more information and to apply for this position, click here.
Network with Employers before the STEM Career Fair from 11-12pm in either the John Jay Gym or the Math Department Atrium on Thursday, October 25th.
Students seeking internships and full time positions for Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Information Technology should attend the STEM career this Thursday, October 25th!
The career fair will be held from 1pm-3pm in the John Jay gym. Please dress in your business professional clothing.
Employers attending the career fair include: CGI, CGL, Equipment and Controls, FedEx Ground, FedEx Services Information Technology, Highmark Health Solutions, Larsen Design Group, Precision Castparts Corp. (Timet), RebDev LLC, Seegrid, Thermofisher Scientific, and Trinity Industries.
The Computer Information Systems Department invites you to attend:
Information Session with Highmark Health Systems
Monday, October 22, 2018
4:45 – 5:45 pm
Atrium in Wheatley Center
Highmark Health Systems is looking to recruit for both internships and full-time opportunities in the areas of Information Security and Application Development.
Pizza and drinks will be provided. Attendance will be counted for SET credits.
Hire UP is hosting a technology recruiting event for students studying IT, computer science, business, engineering, and traditional sciences. The event is open to all students and job seekers. There will also be two new features to this year’s job fair: a workshop entitled “LinkedIn and Your Career” and a professional photographer taking headshots.
Location: University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union, Kurtzman Room (main floor), 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Date: Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Highmark Health Systems will be giving a presentation on October 3, 2018. The company is seeking to fill internship positions and entry-level full-time positions and are interested in speaking with all undergraduate and graduate computing majors.
Highmark Health Systems Presentation
4:30-5:30pm on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 in the Wheatley Center Atrium
Pizza and soda will be provided.
Undergraduate students can register for SET credit at this event.
Crown Castle is looking for an IT Support Services Intern for Fall of 2018. Crown Castle is located in Canonsburg and is the nation’s largest provider of communications infrastructure, with over 40,000 cell towers and 60,000 route miles of fiber. The IT Support Services Intern/Co-Op will be responsible for supporting operations in the three areas of IT Client Services: Help Desk, Asset Management, and Desktop Support. The Intern/Co-Op in this position will rotate through each area, gaining real-world knowledge and experience along the way.
- Participating semi-weekly in the Change Control (change management) process
- Taking part in the system design and implementation of our enterprise ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Troubleshooting service interruption and degradation (Incidents)
- Fulfilling “Install, Move, Add, and Change” (IMAC) requests
- Attending meetings with teammates and other business units across Crown Castle
- Answering and returning phone calls, emails, and instant messages related to IT support
- Currently enrolled and with at least one year of schooling completed
- Information Technology-related field of study is preferred.
- Must be dependable, motivated, well-organized, and possess excellent communication skills
- Physical demands of lifting up to 60 pounds.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-time or part-time hours available each term depending on incumbent’s academic schedule.
- Pay rate of $16 per hour, plus free parking, onsite café & Starbucks, and walking trail access
To apply for this internship, please click here.