FedEx will be conducting practice interviews for IT students in the Career Center on Friday April 5th, 2019.
Students should sign up on Handshake under the Jobs and On-Campus Interviews headings. Students will also need to have a resume uploaded on Handshake to apply and should do so as soon as possible or before the deadline of Wednesday April 3rd. Professional attire is requested.
There are two new information technology internship opportunities available:
The Allegheny County Airport has an IT intern position available in Pittsburgh, PA. Requirements include:
- Must currently be enrolled in school as a second year (or above) undergraduate from an accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology, or a related field
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exposure to day-to-day technical maintenance on server, computers, and phone equipment
- Assist service personnel in the configuration of hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives
- Assist and/or be exposed to diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware, software, or other network and system problems and replace defective components
For more information and to apply, click here.
SAP Software Solutions also has an IT internship available in Pittsburgh, PA for their Student Training and Rotation (STAR) program.
- Currently enrolled in a degree seeking program at a university local to the Pittsburgh area
- Pursuing a relevant Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) field of study
- Interested in pursuing a long-term internship schedule with full-time hours while on summer break and/or co-op, as well as part-time hours during the academic year
For more information and to apply, click here.
U.S. Steel is encouraging highly motivated students interested in IT and Computer Science to join our Summer 2019 intern cohort.
U.S. Steel is one of the largest steel sheet and tubular products manufactures in the world. They produce steel used to create the everyday products used in the automotive, appliance, container, industrial machinery, construction, and oil and gas industries.
U.S. Steel’s internship program provides meaningful, hands-on work experience while helping students develop career-related skills. Students can participate in the program as either a full-time summer intern or a part-time co-op working during the school year.
Below are direct links to the open roles in the Pittsburgh area:
Derek Scheller from Scheller Cyber Security will be holding a lecture on Wednesday, February 13th from 4:30 – 5:30 pm in the Wheatley Atrium. Derek will be discussing how to obtain a job in cyber security and information on owning a tech company.
This is a Top Secret Colonials sponsored event.
Students will receive one (1) hour of SET credit for attending. Light refreshments will be served.
About Scheller Cyber Security
In 2004, Derek Scheller joined the Pennsylvania Air National Guard as an IT Specialist determined to serve his country the best way he knew how, by working on computers and networks. Though he was a system administrator in the Air Force, he spent his free time working in cybersecurity and Linux infrastructures. He attended California University of Pennsylvania and earned a B.S. in Computer Information Systems in 2009. After working on his degree, he attended Pittsburgh Technical Institute becoming a Microsoft Network Professional. It was there he first earned his CCNA-R/S, as well as several Microsoft Certifications.
After completing his formal education and feeling he could do more, he left the Air National Guard in December 2010 and joined the Active Duty Army. It was here that he not only took on roles in information technology but also cybersecurity. While enlisted in the Army, he worked towards and earned his CCNA-Security, CEH, CPT, GSEC, GCED, GCIH, and GPYC. In 2017, Derek was medically retired from the Army though never giving up on the ideals instilled in him.
In July of 2017, Derek founded Scheller Cyber Security and has made it his mission to help companies across the country. As a consultant and trainer, he looks to help secure the networks of the United States even to this day. To prove his mettle on January 31, 2018, Derek passed the CISSP exam which is known as one of the elite certifications in cybersecurity, and on March 5, 2018, his endorsement was certified by (ISC)2 and he became an official CISSP. With his goals never wavering, he now aims to earn his OSCP in the pursuit of knowledge.
Established in 2017, Scheller Cyber Security is a disabled-veteran owned business serving from the Greater Pittsburgh Region. It is our mission to provide quality and dependable service to businesses and homeowners alike. Where most enterprises strive to get the most by fulfilling the needs of fortune 500 companies, we aim to provide the same much-needed services to those that don’t have the revenue of the larger enterprises. Whether you have one store or run a business from home, we can help. With services such as wireless network security, computer repair, training, and system administration there is nothing we can’t solve. As ransomware and botnets spread you need to be at the forefront of security. Anti-virus is only one layer of a much needed defense-in-depth structure. With our services, we can provide you with the necessary capabilities to prevent ransomware and other attacks. With the training services we provide, we can help you and/or your employees spot phishing scams and secure their social networking accounts. No matter what your needs, Scheller Cyber Security can provide the service.
York Risk Services Group is looking for students that have a excellent data analytical skills, process improvement and evaluation, AI/machine learning concepts and business intelligence and report/dashboard design.
The Process Engineering Intern will work with users to analyze their processes, document the decision processes, analyze the data to determine potential technical solutions that can improve processing productivity, accuracy and proper tracking. This could be through new algorithms, improved rules engine, workflow management, etc.
- Senior-year student, graduate student or graduated intern with Operations Research (OR), Industrial Engineering (IE), or related degree program
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Strong process improvement skills from analysis through implementation of approved recommendations
- Ability to use reporting and data visualization tools
- Excellent documentation skills
- Solid communications skills interacting with users to executives
For more information, see:
Plus Consulting is seeking students for internships in their Pittsburgh, PA headquarters starting immediately. They are looking for highly-motivate individuals that are considering a career in the fast-paced world of IT consulting. Internship highlights include hands-on project work, a great work environment, and access to mentorship and networking opportunities.
IT Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data center management
- Other duties applicable to you area study
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems Major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Preferred Soft Skills
- Skilled at analyzing, troubleshooting and solving problems
- Goal-oriented & self-motivated
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments both independently and as a part of a team
For more information, see: