The company DVSport, Inc. is looking for IT/Technical interns to work for them part-time throughout the Spring and Summer. DVSport, Inc. is an agile software company founded in Pittsburgh, PA in 2002 specializing in digital video acquisition, analysis, and play-back software designed specifically for the sports and medical markets. DVSport interns will work in a dynamic environment that is reflective of the fast paced operations of their company. Interns will work five days a week, up to eight hours a day. The wage is up to $10 per hour.
Internship Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the building and maintaining of hardware for client use.
- Testing and loading company software onto client hardware.
- Exercise quality control measures for all equipment before implementation by clients and DVSport staff.
- Assist with inventory control from all points of product life cycle.
- Assist with logistical needs and ensure quality control procedures in shipping/receiving.
- Commitment to providing the best experience for clients.
- Entering junior or senior year/nearing completion of their degree program.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Industrial System Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related IT or Engineering discipline, Supply Chain Management, Sports Management, Business Administration.
- Demonstrate working understanding and knowledge of the IT field.
- Working familiarity with electronic components and maintenance of components.
- Capable of working independently as well as with a team.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to lift objects upwards of 50 lbs.
- U.S. Citizenship preferred.
- Willing to live and work in the Pittsburgh area for the duration of their internship.
To apply, please go to internships.com and search for “DVSport” or click here. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website. There are eight openings available.
McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Six Sigma Intern” to work in their internship program. McKesson provides technology that supports pharmacy operations and patient care through operational workflow, clinical programs, 340B program management, and inventory optimization. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This a paid internship that involves part-time and/or full-time work. The average work day will last eight hours. The internship will take place in Moon Township. Each intern is assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services business.
Six Sigma Internship Details:
- Complete online Yellow Belt Training.
- Develop Project Charters and Business Cases for potential future Six Sigma projects.
- Support Black Belts in administering the Six Sigma Green Belt Program.
- Support Black Belt and Green Belt projects by:
- Mapping the current state of the process
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- Analyzing the root causes of non-conformance
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate with finance to ensure that project improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to Accounting, Finance or MIS and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills:
- Willingness to learn, develop and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience leading a project.
- High degree of personal initiative.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
Applicants are encouraged to visit McKesson’s booth at the RMU Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd from 12 – 3pm. They can also apply through McKesson’s website. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website.
McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Customer Experience – Asset Migrations” Intern to work for them in their internship program. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This is a paid internship; it is part-time and/or full time work. The intern program will take place in Moon Township, and each intern will be assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Systems business unit.
- Work with the Asset Migrations team within Customer Experience and key project stakeholders.
- Identify customers impacted by new software upgrades.
- Implement a plan to contact customers through various channels to remind them to upgrade.
- Re-design the current upgrade mailing campaign to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design a reports and dashboards to monitor upgrade rates.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to MIS, Marketing or Business Administration and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills: critical thinking, data analysis, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the McKesson booth at RMU’s Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd, from 12 – 3pm. For more information about the internship, visit the ColonialTRAK website.
Questeq is looking for three Help Desk Specialists to work for them part-time or as an intern, between ten and thirty hours per week. The salary is between $9 and $10 per hour. Questeq is looking to start some part-time employees in May, and train more over the summer and into the fall.
The Help Desk Specialists are the first point of contact for administration, staff and faculty from area school districts and intermediate units who are seeking technical assistance for a variety of desktop and network issues. Interns provide technical support over the phone and email.
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service
- Respond to questions from callers and attend to the following objectives: collect caller information, identify the exact problem location, document all case details, provide troubleshooting within the guidelines of client SLA
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures, accurately log incoming requests using the web based system
- Accept general responsibility for the call center and ensure that it is ready for use
- Become familiar with available help resources, policies, services, and staff
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
- Adequate familiarity with equipment found in call center facility and surrounding area
Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the job/internship, click here. For more information about Questeq, click here.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Business Analytics Associate (Intern). MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology. A core requirement for the internship is the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications.
- Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies
- Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
- Maintain, test, and debug analytical code
- Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
- Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills
- Well-organized with time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- High degree of flexibility
Students can apply here on MSA’s website or through the ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist (Intern) – MS Excel-based Analyst. MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. The intern will be responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring successful completion of client project assignments.
Internship Responsibilities include:
- Run routine reports and conduct preliminary analysis of data
- Become familiar with data analysis and the usage of the company’s analytical tools and capabilities
- Work with team members to learn about the company’s clients
- Provide clients with standard reports and respond to requests for basic ad hoc reports
- Participate in client meetings and shadow Client Relationship Managers to develop a sound knowledge of partnership-building
- Coordinate with internal business groups to resolve basic client problems, and improve levels of service to clients
- Learn the systematic problem solving processes used in Client Service
Required Skills include:
- Strong Math and MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and develop business and data-analysis skills
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, managers, and coworkers
- Team worker
Students can apply here or through RMU’s ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
PharmBlue is looking for a Business Analyst Intern to work for them during the summer, from May 15th to August 15th, in Warrendale, PA. The intern will work 40 hours per week and will be paid $17.50 per hour. The Business Analyst Intern will perform research tasks with a view to gather data pertaining to industry, company and customer trends.
Duties for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize data from multiple sources
- Perform evaluation on new business opportunities and initiatives
- Present timely, compelling, fact based analyses, reports, and dashboards that explain the business “story” behind the data
- Identify critical business problems and translate them into structured analyses
- Document high level requirements using diagrams and structured requirements
- Write reports and manuals for the benefit of end users
- Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to management
- BA, BS or other technical degree
- MBA or graduate degree student
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Students are to send their applications to CConroy@pharmblue.com. Applications must be submitted by Saturday, April 1st. For more information about the internship, click here. For more information about the company PharmBlue, click here.