York Risk Services Group is looking for students that have a excellent data analytical skills, process improvement and evaluation, AI/machine learning concepts and business intelligence and report/dashboard design.
The Process Engineering Intern will work with users to analyze their processes, document the decision processes, analyze the data to determine potential technical solutions that can improve processing productivity, accuracy and proper tracking. This could be through new algorithms, improved rules engine, workflow management, etc.
- Senior-year student, graduate student or graduated intern with Operations Research (OR), Industrial Engineering (IE), or related degree program
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Strong process improvement skills from analysis through implementation of approved recommendations
- Ability to use reporting and data visualization tools
- Excellent documentation skills
- Solid communications skills interacting with users to executives
For more information, see:
Plus Consulting is seeking students for internships in their Pittsburgh, PA headquarters starting immediately. They are looking for highly-motivate individuals that are considering a career in the fast-paced world of IT consulting. Internship highlights include hands-on project work, a great work environment, and access to mentorship and networking opportunities.
IT Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data center management
- Other duties applicable to you area study
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems Major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Preferred Soft Skills
- Skilled at analyzing, troubleshooting and solving problems
- Goal-oriented & self-motivated
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments both independently and as a part of a team
For more information, see:
The Linux Foundation Open Mainframe Project is accepting eight student interns during the summer of 2019 to work in the Linux and Open Source on Mainframe development community.
Each intern will work remotely from his/her location of choice (no physical work facility provided or required) and with an assigned mentor. For more information, see:
Applications due February 16, 2019.
Highmark Health is coming to RMU to present and recruit specifically for Data Analytics. They are recruiting for both internships and full-time positions. Make sure you are here to see their presentation and participate!
Date/Time: December 6, 2018 – 5:00-6:00pm
Where: Wheatley Center Atrium
Pizza and soda will be available for students who attend.
Contact information for Highmark Health:
University Relations Program Manager – Talent Solutions
(412) 544-5879 | Ashley.Wodarek@highmarkhealth.org
View careers at https://careers.highmarkhealth.org/
UPMC is looking for students to participate in their Information Services Division (ISD) Summer Associate Program. This is an eleven-week paid internship. This program is a great way for students to kick-start their career and begin to prepare for full-time opportunities with UPMC post-graduation.
Summer associates will have the opportunity to:
- Work in one of UPMC’s many ISD areas including (but not limited to) information security, enterprise architecture, desktop design and integration, custom application development, cloud operations, project management, coding and testing, infrastructure, and strategic planning
- Gain hands-on training and real-world experience with access to top-notch technology in the world of innovative Healthcare IT
- Become a top candidate in consideration for their full-time ISD Rotational Program for recent graduates
- Be a part of Life Changing Medicine and see the impact your work can make on patient care and the future of healthcare
The deadline to apply is Thursday, November 1st. For more information and to apply for this position, click here.
Network with Employers before the STEM Career Fair from 11-12pm in either the John Jay Gym or the Math Department Atrium on Thursday, October 25th.
Students seeking internships and full time positions for Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Information Technology should attend the STEM career this Thursday, October 25th!
The career fair will be held from 1pm-3pm in the John Jay gym. Please dress in your business professional clothing.
Employers attending the career fair include: CGI, CGL, Equipment and Controls, FedEx Ground, FedEx Services Information Technology, Highmark Health Solutions, Larsen Design Group, Precision Castparts Corp. (Timet), RebDev LLC, Seegrid, Thermofisher Scientific, and Trinity Industries.