Symbiotries, Inc. is currently seeking applications for its software design internship program. Symbiotries is a startup tech company that focuses on accounting software, employee benefits, retirement plans, and insurance. Through this internship, you will gain experience of working on actual marketing campaigns, social media, website and design work. This position would report directly to the CTO of the company.
The internship will take place from Spring 2018 through August 2018 in Wexford. It is flexible, with a 15 to 25 hour work week. The intern will receive a salary of $12.75 per hour.
The position would require:
- Applicants working towards their degree in computer design
- Computer applications
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- QuickBooks and Peachtree knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of both PC and Macs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working on company social media applications
- Software and website design
- Must have reliable transportation
- Working up to 25 hours a week and have a flexible work schedule
- The position could lead to a full time position upon graduation
To apply for this internship, please email Randy Kreider at email@example.com. For more information, click here.
Lunch and Learn with Plus Consulting. Plus Consulting is looking for IT interns. Please see their job posting on ColonialTRAK (ID#44663) Bring your resume to the Lunch and Learn in Benjamin Rush at 12:30.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be hosting the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) Cybersecurity Webinar. The event will take place from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 29.
The webinar will be for college and university students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a cybersecurity career at NPPD. This webinar will feature a panel of NPPD employees who will share their experiences in cybersecurity and career paths at NPPD. In addition, human resource officials will explain the federal application process and highlight NPPD career pathways for students and recent graduates.
This event is free for participants. To register, click here. As space is limited, it is recommended you register soon.
Calgon Carbon Corporation is looking for an Information Systems & Security Intern and a Governance, Risk and Compliance Security Analyst. Calgon Carbon is the leader in activated carbon technologies. Its Corporate Headquarters is located in Moon Township.
For the Internship:
The intern will be tasked with assisting with the development of the Calgon Carbon Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) development. They will work 40 hours per week.
- Work with the GRC software to grow the platform and its use.
- Work with our Managed Service Provider to align them to the GRC program and needs whether defining new policy or remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Develop training for the required teams on how to use the GRC tool based on the modules that are built out. Example would be training audit on how to use the audit automation within the GRC tool.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, focused on Information Security, Information Systems, IT Risk, or related field of study.
- Solid technical understanding of infrastructure and security operations.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Excellent process engineering skills.
- Solid understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance and the benefits it provides to the company.
- Ability to communicate in small or large groups and influence individuals to complete assigned deliverables.
- Able to present findings or training session for users.
For the Analyst Position:
Calgon Carbon is seeking a Security Analyst with cyber security experience that extends into experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) to assist Calgon Carbon in aligning with NIST SP 800-53/171 standards.
- IT security and audit experience with extensive knowledge of national/international security standards including NIST, PCI, DFARS, SOX, ITAR and other regulatory requirements. Conduct security audits and provide recommendations to mitigate risks, including anti-virus solutions, vulnerability scans, and disaster recovery and business continuity work practices.
- Design and implement solutions based on the requirements for the various standards that need to be implemented and followed.
- Conduct Information Risk Assessments as assigned. Clearly and concisely document and communicate risk assessment results as appropriate.
- Conduct and formulate appropriate risk scoring, as it relates to threat, vulnerability, likelihood, impact, security controls/counter-measures, etc.
- Create and maintain security policies and procedures including general corporate policies and specific technology requirements including build and hardening guidelines.
- Evaluate, configure and support security tools and solutions, i.e. SIEM, MFA, DR/BC, etc.
- Conduct gap analysis and create action plans.
- Monitor and/or complete daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly security tasks and work with Calgon Carbon’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) to execute and remediate as required.
- 3-5 years experience in cyber security space and building a GRC program against an industry standard, preferably NIST SP 800-53 and/or 800-171.
- University degree (B.A. or B.S.) – preferred IT, IT Cyber Security, Computer Technology or comparable
- Experience in managing and directing resources from contractor and vendors to achieve desired results
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation skills.
- Preference given for certifications, such as, CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.
- Possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
For the internship, students can apply here. For the analyst position, students can apply here.
February 27, 2018
Yorktown Hall – Moon
12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
For RMU students and alumni only!
Here is a list of employers that will be attending:
All Lines Technology
Allegheny County Airport Authority
Allegheny County Department of Human Services
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Beaver County YMCA
BKD LLP: CPAs & Advisors
Black Knight Security
Champion Windows, Sun Rooms, and Home
City of Pittsburgh
Commonwealth of PA, Pennsylvania State Police
Community Living and Support Services (CLASS)
Creehan & Co.
Dedicated Nursing Associates, Inc. (DNA)
DiNuzzo Index Advisors, Inc.
Eat’n Park Hospitality Group
Elite Transit Solutions
Equipment & Controls, Inc.
Erie Insurance Group
Express Employment Professionals
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Farmers Insurance Group
First Commonwealth Bank
Foresters Financial Services, Inc.
Foundation of HOPE
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #1 Pittsburgh
Glade Run Lutheran Services
Gordon Food Service
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Heartland Restaurant Group
Huntington National Bank
In Vision Human Services
Kelly Educational Staffing
McConway & Torley, LLC
Metro Benefits, Inc.
Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods)
Northwestern Mutual – Pittsburgh
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Ohio Valley Hospital
Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Pittsburgh Mercy Health System
PNC Financial Services Group
Presbyterian Day School
Promise Camp by Family Guidance
RMU Center for Global Engagement
S&S Flooring (Stack & Stack Gym Flooring)
SingleSource Property Solutions
Southwestern Human Services
SunTec Business Solutions Private Limited
Tender Care Learning Centers
The Academy Schools
The Home Depot
Trinity School for Ministry
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Waste Management of PA
WE-EF LIGHTING USA LLC
YMCA Sewickley Valley