Black Knight Financial Services, located in Jacksonville, Florida, is currently looking for candidates for an entry level position in their CICS Systems Programming group. Black Knight is looking for candidates that have been exposed to IBM Mainframe Technology and are interested in pursuing a career in IBM Enterprise Technical Support. Candidates that have participated in the IBM Master the Mainframe Contest have an advantage over candidates that have not. All candidates should have experience in application programming and exposure to the REXX programming language would be highly beneficial. Ideally, candidates should have exposure to COBOL or System 370 Assembler. The position can be applied for at Black Knight Financial Services website
( http://www.bkfs.com/CorporateInformation/Careers/Pages/WorkwithUs.aspx ).
Good luck and happy job hunting!
Ford Motor Company is seeking recent graduates who have completed mainframe courses for their special “Mainframe Operations Hiring Program” in Dearborn, MI.
Position Description: This is an entry level technical position where you will complete a two-year mainframe program that includes training, hands on experience and placement into one of the 10 mainframe groups (e.g. Automation, MF Software, CICS, IMS, DB2). You will learn how to support the mainframe (zSeries) infrastructure. Here are the specific job titles:
- Mainframe Software Engineer: Support IBM Operating Systems (e.g. z/OS, z/VM, z/VSE) and related ISV software. Also provide support for Mainframe performance and Host Communications (e.g. TCPIP, SNA). Both JES2 and JES3 are supported. Support Automation Software and in-house developed tools. Support tools that are used for Source Code Management.
- Database Engineer: Support CICS, IMS, DB2, WebSphere, Focus and MQ and related ISV software.
- Security Engineer: Support the RACF environment, assuring that mainframe access is properly controlled. Work with Application groups to develop proper rules to secure their resources.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organization and time-management skills
- Understanding of MS Office or equivalent software
- 0-3 years of experience in information technology or related field
- Information Technology training with or without mainframe courses or experience. Mainframes are at thousands of large companies that need the power, reliability and scalability to process millions of transactions quickly. The mainframe is just a very large computer. Examples of the types of companies that have mainframes are automotive, banks, manufacturing, insurance, mobile computing, etc. not applicable
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineer or related field (must be completed no later than December 2015)
Ford would like to have all candidates identified by November 1st. The Mainframe Training Program will begin on January 4, 2016 in Dearborn, MI.
Please contact Whitney Willis if interested in this job. Her telephone number is 248-728-5089 and email address is wwillis@TEKsystems.com.