This position is for a Junior Network Engineer
for the Pittsburgh Steelers
and is located in Pittsburgh, PA. The Junior Network Engineer
will be responsible for maintaining existing networks and working with the Network and Security Operations Manager on best practices and documentation. This position will be required to perform onsite help desk and desktop support for growing user base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level 1 support for Heinz Field existing LAN/Wireless LAN
- Support and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers, cell phones and mobile devices
- Respond to and resolve network connectivity issues
- Maintain and configure VOIP phone system at Heinz Field
- Provide and troubleshoot connectivity for 3rd parties visiting Heinz Field
- Perform basic configuration changes on existing switches, routers and firewalls
- Provide onsite support for all events located at Heinz Field
- Responsible for providing and maintaining network and security documentation
- Perform external/internal vulnerability scanning, resolution and documentation
- Configure and distribute new desktop and laptop computers
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies
- Knowledge of network security implementation, managed security services and best practices
- Hands on experience in networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), routing, switching and security
- Hands on experience with firewalls, VPN implementation, network segregation and network troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with enterprise wireless infrastructure
- Hands on experience with desktop support
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft and Adobe products
- Advanced knowledge of Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus products
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with staff and 3rd parties
- Superior network and security documentation skills
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Alcatel Lucent, Fortinet, Aruba, Cisco, Microsoft certifications a plus
Click here to apply.
The Pittsburgh Steelers organization is looking for an Information Technology Intern to assist and support the Steelers Technology Department in the maintenance and support of hardware, software and other systems. Responsibilities for the position include assisting in the identification, research and resolution of user technology issues in all areas of technical operations for the Steelers’ front office and Heinz Field.
See the following link for more info:
The Pittsburgh Steelers are seeking an Information Technology (IT) Intern. The Information Technology Intern is responsible for assisting the IT department with the organization’s Help Desk calls, including user account management. This position will also be required to perform new PC installs, and cell phone management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responding to and handling the organizations Help Desk calls to completion.
- Following up on open help desk calls and verify their completion.
- Backing up imaging and re-imaging PC’s.
- Unlocking user accounts and resetting passwords.
- Assisting with the support of hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Assist in hardware and software inventory.
- Plan, design and implement special projects at the direction of IT Staff.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Technical experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7/8+ and Apple OS X.
- Ability to troubleshoot printer problems.
- Basic knowledge of PC Hardware and troubleshooting hardware failures.
- Experience using the Microsoft Management Console, and Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Be detail oriented and have good communication skills.
- Have good documentation skills and the ability to create documentation when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Basic knowledge of computer networks (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS) and Wi-Fi.
Please apply through ColonialTRAK: