York Risk Services Group is looking for students that have a excellent data analytical skills, process improvement and evaluation, AI/machine learning concepts and business intelligence and report/dashboard design.
The Process Engineering Intern will work with users to analyze their processes, document the decision processes, analyze the data to determine potential technical solutions that can improve processing productivity, accuracy and proper tracking. This could be through new algorithms, improved rules engine, workflow management, etc.
- Senior-year student, graduate student or graduated intern with Operations Research (OR), Industrial Engineering (IE), or related degree program
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Strong process improvement skills from analysis through implementation of approved recommendations
- Ability to use reporting and data visualization tools
- Excellent documentation skills
- Solid communications skills interacting with users to executives
For more information, see:
Plus Consulting is seeking students for internships in their Pittsburgh, PA headquarters starting immediately. They are looking for highly-motivate individuals that are considering a career in the fast-paced world of IT consulting. Internship highlights include hands-on project work, a great work environment, and access to mentorship and networking opportunities.
IT Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data center management
- Other duties applicable to you area study
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems Major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Preferred Soft Skills
- Skilled at analyzing, troubleshooting and solving problems
- Goal-oriented & self-motivated
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments both independently and as a part of a team
For more information, see:
The Linux Foundation Open Mainframe Project is accepting eight student interns during the summer of 2019 to work in the Linux and Open Source on Mainframe development community.
Each intern will work remotely from his/her location of choice (no physical work facility provided or required) and with an assigned mentor. For more information, see:
Applications due February 16, 2019.
BNY Mellon will lead a Cybersecurity workshop, “Be A Cyber Hero” for Daisy, Brownie, & Junior Girl Scouts. Girls will learn how to stay safe online. They’ll also have fun using their investigative skills to uncover problems & find solutions. This workshop will provide the cybersecurity badge & fun facts about cybersecurity for all 3 age groups.
The event will be held on Saturday, December 8th from 10:00am to 1:00pm at the innovation center in downtown Pittsburgh. RMU students with an interest or skills in cybersecurity are needed to help with a demo and workshop for the girl scouts. If you are interested, please contact Lauren Rauscher at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We are forming a chapter of the Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society here at RMU. Alpha Phi Sigma is the only Criminal Justice Honor Society, is a certified member of the Association of College Honor Societies and affiliated with the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. The goals of Alpha Phi Sigma are to honor and promote academic excellence, community service, educational leadership, and unity. We need a minimum of 12 students to form the chapter. Please consider adding your name to the list of charter members.
Please email Selene Cerankosky at email@example.com to add your name. We are also looking for executive members to serve on the board. Please indicate your interest in serving on the board as well. Qualifications are below.
Baccalaureate students shall be enrolled at the time of application in the institution represented by the chapter and:
- have declared a major, minor or equivalent in the criminal justice or related field
- have completed at least 4 courses in criminal justice, have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
All applicants should have completed 3 full time semesters or its equivalent, have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
Alpha Phi Sigma recognizes academic excellence of Undergraduate and Graduate students of Criminal Justice, as well as Juris Doctorate students.
[Posted on behalf of Selene Cerankosky.]
Highmark Health is coming to RMU to present and recruit specifically for Data Analytics. They are recruiting for both internships and full-time positions. Make sure you are here to see their presentation and participate!
Date/Time: December 6, 2018 – 5:00-6:00pm
Where: Wheatley Center Atrium
Pizza and soda will be available for students who attend.
Contact information for Highmark Health:
University Relations Program Manager – Talent Solutions
(412) 544-5879 | Ashley.Wodarek@highmarkhealth.org
View careers at https://careers.highmarkhealth.org/
If you are looking for an exciting INFS elective for Spring 2019, consider taking a new course in cloud architecture using Amazon Web Services (AWS). INFS4460/INFS7460 Cloud Computing & Amazon Web Services is available now in the list of courses for Spring 2019. (Prerequisite: INFS3230 Network Technology or INFS3231 Network Technology N+)