The company DVSport, Inc. is looking for IT/Technical interns to work for them part-time throughout the Spring and Summer. DVSport, Inc. is an agile software company founded in Pittsburgh, PA in 2002 specializing in digital video acquisition, analysis, and play-back software designed specifically for the sports and medical markets. DVSport interns will work in a dynamic environment that is reflective of the fast paced operations of their company. Interns will work five days a week, up to eight hours a day. The wage is up to $10 per hour.
Internship Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the building and maintaining of hardware for client use.
- Testing and loading company software onto client hardware.
- Exercise quality control measures for all equipment before implementation by clients and DVSport staff.
- Assist with inventory control from all points of product life cycle.
- Assist with logistical needs and ensure quality control procedures in shipping/receiving.
- Commitment to providing the best experience for clients.
- Entering junior or senior year/nearing completion of their degree program.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Industrial System Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related IT or Engineering discipline, Supply Chain Management, Sports Management, Business Administration.
- Demonstrate working understanding and knowledge of the IT field.
- Working familiarity with electronic components and maintenance of components.
- Capable of working independently as well as with a team.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to lift objects upwards of 50 lbs.
- U.S. Citizenship preferred.
- Willing to live and work in the Pittsburgh area for the duration of their internship.
To apply, please go to internships.com and search for “DVSport” or click here. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website. There are eight openings available.
McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Six Sigma Intern” to work in their internship program. McKesson provides technology that supports pharmacy operations and patient care through operational workflow, clinical programs, 340B program management, and inventory optimization. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This a paid internship that involves part-time and/or full-time work. The average work day will last eight hours. The internship will take place in Moon Township. Each intern is assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services business.
Six Sigma Internship Details:
- Complete online Yellow Belt Training.
- Develop Project Charters and Business Cases for potential future Six Sigma projects.
- Support Black Belts in administering the Six Sigma Green Belt Program.
- Support Black Belt and Green Belt projects by:
- Mapping the current state of the process
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- Analyzing the root causes of non-conformance
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate with finance to ensure that project improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to Accounting, Finance or MIS and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills:
- Willingness to learn, develop and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience leading a project.
- High degree of personal initiative.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
Applicants are encouraged to visit McKesson’s booth at the RMU Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd from 12 – 3pm. They can also apply through McKesson’s website. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website.
McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Customer Experience – Asset Migrations” Intern to work for them in their internship program. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This is a paid internship; it is part-time and/or full time work. The intern program will take place in Moon Township, and each intern will be assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Systems business unit.
- Work with the Asset Migrations team within Customer Experience and key project stakeholders.
- Identify customers impacted by new software upgrades.
- Implement a plan to contact customers through various channels to remind them to upgrade.
- Re-design the current upgrade mailing campaign to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design a reports and dashboards to monitor upgrade rates.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to MIS, Marketing or Business Administration and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills: critical thinking, data analysis, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the McKesson booth at RMU’s Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd, from 12 – 3pm. For more information about the internship, visit the ColonialTRAK website.
Hussey Copper is looking for an IT Programmer/Analyst this summer to work closely with a senior level developer supporting our ERP business system (ROSS – GEMBASE/DML coding language, SQL Database, and Crystal Reporting). Become familiar with their standard methodologies, processes, policies, and assist with development.
• Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective, inputs, and output requirements with mentor.
• Define specifications that meet the desired requirements.
• Develop and implement functionality per the specifications.
• 25-30 hours per week schedule between 8am – 5pm.
• Internship Supervisor – IT Operations Manager (Brian McNamara)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• General programming skills
• Ability to analyze information for problem solving
• Software development and testing fundamentals
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Personal commitment to working within a team environment
Apply through ColonialTRAK or to Jim Bish at email@example.com
Management Science Associates, an information management company, is looking for an internship. Applicants must have the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications. Frequent client interaction, both verbal and written, is required.
* Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies. May interact with clients with significant guidance from higher-level team members.
* Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
* Maintain existing analytical code
* Test and debug analytical code
* Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members, and provide support during client presentations
* Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills. Proficient with statistical methods, models, and analytics.
* Organized with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Detail-oriented, with an eye for quality standards
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
* Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
* Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
* Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
* Self-motivated for continued learning and growth
* High degree of flexibility
* Accepting of change and uncertainty
You can find more information about this opportunity here. Applications can be found here. The application deadline is May 2, 2017.
Questeq is looking for three Help Desk Specialists to work for them part-time or as an intern, between ten and thirty hours per week. The salary is between $9 and $10 per hour. Questeq is looking to start some part-time employees in May, and train more over the summer and into the fall.
The Help Desk Specialists are the first point of contact for administration, staff and faculty from area school districts and intermediate units who are seeking technical assistance for a variety of desktop and network issues. Interns provide technical support over the phone and email.
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service
- Respond to questions from callers and attend to the following objectives: collect caller information, identify the exact problem location, document all case details, provide troubleshooting within the guidelines of client SLA
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures, accurately log incoming requests using the web based system
- Accept general responsibility for the call center and ensure that it is ready for use
- Become familiar with available help resources, policies, services, and staff
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
- Adequate familiarity with equipment found in call center facility and surrounding area
Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the job/internship, click here. For more information about Questeq, click here.
Pocket Nurse, a medical supply and equipment distributor, is looking for a summer intern to provide technical assistance and support to the Information Technology Department and end-users.
Internship Responsibilities (partial list):
- Provides desk side and remote technical assistance during regular business hours using the Pocket Nurse® IT Help Desk System to log, update and close-out when an issue is resolved.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse approved desktops, laptops, virtual workstations, mobile phones, and other devices.
- Prepares activity reports.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse-approved devices, various operating systems and enterprise business applications, network connectivity, etc.
- Issuing and maintainting inventory of IT-related equipment
- Provides support to IT team members for project implementation and maintenance as needed.
- Adheres to departmental standards while maintaining a highly professional service level that is courteous and knowledgeable to all IT skill levels of their internal customers.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with VMware or remote desktop technology.
• Strong computer knowledge including proficiency with MS Office, Windows OS, hardware, software, and internet technology.
• Ability to learn new technologies and expand knowledge of internal systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and research information quickly for solutions.
• Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive work relationships with all levels of individuals in a company.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems.
• Strong Attention to detail.
• Proficient with LAN/WAN hardware administration or Brocade Networking; SharePoint a plus.
• Experience with ShoreTel phone systems a plus.
• Experience with Spice Works a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML, PHP, CMS and Progress a plus.
Students can find more information about this opportunity here and can apply at http://careers.pocketnurse.com. Applications must be submitted by April 14, 2017.