The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be hosting the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) Cybersecurity Webinar. The event will take place from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 29.
The webinar will be for college and university students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a cybersecurity career at NPPD. This webinar will feature a panel of NPPD employees who will share their experiences in cybersecurity and career paths at NPPD. In addition, human resource officials will explain the federal application process and highlight NPPD career pathways for students and recent graduates.
This event is free for participants. To register, click here. As space is limited, it is recommended you register soon.
The Academic Media Center has an opportunity for a graduate student
to serve as the Operations Manager for RMU Radio, a student run web based radio station, beginning Fall 2018.
Responsibilities: Scheduling of programs, promotion of programs, special events, operation training and coordinating radio remotes. Working with the Director of the Academic Media Center, the AMC staff, the Graduate Assistant will be responsible for the organization of the radio facility, radio programming, viewer analytics, social media postings and the training and operation associated equipment (both studio and remote) and serve as President of the Radio Club.
Qualifications: We are looking for someone who can lead undergraduates and serve as a liaison between the radio station and the entire RMU Community. Organizational leadership with management and computer skills are required.
Compensation is a $500/mo stipend and 100% Tuition.
Highmark Health has openings in enterprise/mainframe areas for new graduates. You may qualify if you will be graduating in May and have experience with any mainframe courses such as:
INFS2130 / INFS6130 COBOL
INFS3130 / INFS6320 Advanced COBOL
INFS3212 / INFS6212 Enterprise Operating Systems (zOS)
INFS4242 / INFS6242 Enterprise DBMS (DB2)
INFS3131 / INFS6231 Enterprise TPS (CICS)
Calgon Carbon Corporation is looking for an Information Systems & Security Intern and a Governance, Risk and Compliance Security Analyst. Calgon Carbon is the leader in activated carbon technologies. Its Corporate Headquarters is located in Moon Township.
For the Internship:
The intern will be tasked with assisting with the development of the Calgon Carbon Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) development. They will work 40 hours per week.
- Work with the GRC software to grow the platform and its use.
- Work with our Managed Service Provider to align them to the GRC program and needs whether defining new policy or remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Develop training for the required teams on how to use the GRC tool based on the modules that are built out. Example would be training audit on how to use the audit automation within the GRC tool.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, focused on Information Security, Information Systems, IT Risk, or related field of study.
- Solid technical understanding of infrastructure and security operations.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Excellent process engineering skills.
- Solid understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance and the benefits it provides to the company.
- Ability to communicate in small or large groups and influence individuals to complete assigned deliverables.
- Able to present findings or training session for users.
For the Analyst Position:
Calgon Carbon is seeking a Security Analyst with cyber security experience that extends into experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) to assist Calgon Carbon in aligning with NIST SP 800-53/171 standards.
- IT security and audit experience with extensive knowledge of national/international security standards including NIST, PCI, DFARS, SOX, ITAR and other regulatory requirements. Conduct security audits and provide recommendations to mitigate risks, including anti-virus solutions, vulnerability scans, and disaster recovery and business continuity work practices.
- Design and implement solutions based on the requirements for the various standards that need to be implemented and followed.
- Conduct Information Risk Assessments as assigned. Clearly and concisely document and communicate risk assessment results as appropriate.
- Conduct and formulate appropriate risk scoring, as it relates to threat, vulnerability, likelihood, impact, security controls/counter-measures, etc.
- Create and maintain security policies and procedures including general corporate policies and specific technology requirements including build and hardening guidelines.
- Evaluate, configure and support security tools and solutions, i.e. SIEM, MFA, DR/BC, etc.
- Conduct gap analysis and create action plans.
- Monitor and/or complete daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly security tasks and work with Calgon Carbon’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) to execute and remediate as required.
- 3-5 years experience in cyber security space and building a GRC program against an industry standard, preferably NIST SP 800-53 and/or 800-171.
- University degree (B.A. or B.S.) – preferred IT, IT Cyber Security, Computer Technology or comparable
- Experience in managing and directing resources from contractor and vendors to achieve desired results
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation skills.
- Preference given for certifications, such as, CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.
- Possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
For the internship, students can apply here. For the analyst position, students can apply here.
February 27, 2018
Yorktown Hall – Moon
12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
For RMU students and alumni only!
Here is a list of employers that will be attending:
All Lines Technology
Allegheny County Airport Authority
Allegheny County Department of Human Services
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Beaver County YMCA
BKD LLP: CPAs & Advisors
Black Knight Security
Champion Windows, Sun Rooms, and Home
City of Pittsburgh
Commonwealth of PA, Pennsylvania State Police
Community Living and Support Services (CLASS)
Creehan & Co.
Dedicated Nursing Associates, Inc. (DNA)
DiNuzzo Index Advisors, Inc.
Eat’n Park Hospitality Group
Elite Transit Solutions
Equipment & Controls, Inc.
Erie Insurance Group
Express Employment Professionals
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Farmers Insurance Group
First Commonwealth Bank
Foresters Financial Services, Inc.
Foundation of HOPE
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #1 Pittsburgh
Glade Run Lutheran Services
Gordon Food Service
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Heartland Restaurant Group
Huntington National Bank
In Vision Human Services
Kelly Educational Staffing
McConway & Torley, LLC
Metro Benefits, Inc.
Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods)
Northwestern Mutual – Pittsburgh
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Ohio Valley Hospital
Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Pittsburgh Mercy Health System
PNC Financial Services Group
Presbyterian Day School
Promise Camp by Family Guidance
RMU Center for Global Engagement
S&S Flooring (Stack & Stack Gym Flooring)
SingleSource Property Solutions
Southwestern Human Services
SunTec Business Solutions Private Limited
Tender Care Learning Centers
The Academy Schools
The Home Depot
Trinity School for Ministry
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Waste Management of PA
WE-EF LIGHTING USA LLC
YMCA Sewickley Valley
The MITRE Corporation has announced several unique and exciting job opportunities.
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer
Model-Based Systems Engineer
|B.S. or M.S. in Systems Engineering or related engineering degrees e.g., physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science/engineering, mechanical engineering, cybersecurity engineering, industrial engineering, biomedical engineering, engineering management, aerospace engineering.
If you have completed or are currently working on any engineering academic projects such as design of a mobile or web app, development of a data analytics algorithm or application, or breaking or hardening of an IT system, please indicate this on your resume.
If interested in a position at MITRE, please forward your resume to Kimberly Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.