PNC is hosting its first ever STEAM Summit and Hackathon on November 15 and 16. The 2-day event will allow individuals to participate in a hackathon alongside other college students, hear from PNC Technology & Innovation Leadership and be paired with a PNC mentor as they continue their college journey.
• 3.0 GPA or higher in a STEAM-Related Major
• Interest in the Financial Services Industry
To be considered for this event, students will need to submit their resume and
a short essay (up to 350 words) responding to the following:
Innovation is critical to understanding our client’s needs, protecting their
interests and driving their success forward. In your personal experience,
tell us about a technology solution you’ve recently created or updated to
best meet the needs of others. What do you hope to get out of attending this
Applications are due for the event by Tomorrow – Friday, September 28. For more information, read the flyer here. To apply for the event, click here.
The United States Senate has several job openings for cybersecurity-related positions. It is important to note that the deadlines for several of these positions are on Thursday, October 4.
The positions include:
For more information about the jobs and the application process, click here.
Top Secret Colonials (TSC) will be hosting a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza this Thursday, September 20th from 5:00-9:00 pm. If you bring in the attached flyer, Blaze Pizza will donate 20% of all proceeds back to TSC. Come out for some great pizza and support a good cause!
Blaze Pizza is located at 290 Settlers Ridge Center Dr. Robinson Township, PA 15205
Hire UP is hosting a technology recruiting event for students studying IT, computer science, business, engineering, and traditional sciences. The event is open to all students and job seekers. There will also be two new features to this year’s job fair: a workshop entitled “LinkedIn and Your Career” and a professional photographer taking headshots.
Location: University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union, Kurtzman Room (main floor), 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Date: Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
This position is for a Junior Network Engineer
for the Pittsburgh Steelers
and is located in Pittsburgh, PA. The Junior Network Engineer
will be responsible for maintaining existing networks and working with the Network and Security Operations Manager on best practices and documentation. This position will be required to perform onsite help desk and desktop support for growing user base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level 1 support for Heinz Field existing LAN/Wireless LAN
- Support and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers, cell phones and mobile devices
- Respond to and resolve network connectivity issues
- Maintain and configure VOIP phone system at Heinz Field
- Provide and troubleshoot connectivity for 3rd parties visiting Heinz Field
- Perform basic configuration changes on existing switches, routers and firewalls
- Provide onsite support for all events located at Heinz Field
- Responsible for providing and maintaining network and security documentation
- Perform external/internal vulnerability scanning, resolution and documentation
- Configure and distribute new desktop and laptop computers
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies
- Knowledge of network security implementation, managed security services and best practices
- Hands on experience in networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), routing, switching and security
- Hands on experience with firewalls, VPN implementation, network segregation and network troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with enterprise wireless infrastructure
- Hands on experience with desktop support
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft and Adobe products
- Advanced knowledge of Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus products
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with staff and 3rd parties
- Superior network and security documentation skills
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Alcatel Lucent, Fortinet, Aruba, Cisco, Microsoft certifications a plus
Click here to apply.
Highmark Health Systems will be giving a presentation on October 3, 2018. The company is seeking to fill internship positions and entry-level full-time positions and are interested in speaking with all undergraduate and graduate computing majors.
Highmark Health Systems Presentation
4:30-5:30pm on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 in the Wheatley Center Atrium
Pizza and soda will be provided.
Undergraduate students can register for SET credit at this event.
Crown Castle is looking for an IT Support Services Intern for Fall of 2018. Crown Castle is located in Canonsburg and is the nation’s largest provider of communications infrastructure, with over 40,000 cell towers and 60,000 route miles of fiber. The IT Support Services Intern/Co-Op will be responsible for supporting operations in the three areas of IT Client Services: Help Desk, Asset Management, and Desktop Support. The Intern/Co-Op in this position will rotate through each area, gaining real-world knowledge and experience along the way.
- Participating semi-weekly in the Change Control (change management) process
- Taking part in the system design and implementation of our enterprise ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Troubleshooting service interruption and degradation (Incidents)
- Fulfilling “Install, Move, Add, and Change” (IMAC) requests
- Attending meetings with teammates and other business units across Crown Castle
- Answering and returning phone calls, emails, and instant messages related to IT support
- Currently enrolled and with at least one year of schooling completed
- Information Technology-related field of study is preferred.
- Must be dependable, motivated, well-organized, and possess excellent communication skills
- Physical demands of lifting up to 60 pounds.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-time or part-time hours available each term depending on incumbent’s academic schedule.
- Pay rate of $16 per hour, plus free parking, onsite café & Starbucks, and walking trail access
To apply for this internship, please click here.