The Top Secret Colonials received a $500 award from the ISC2 Pittsburgh Chapter for their participation in the Three Rivers Information Symposium and their dedication to raising awareness about cyber security. For more information about ISC2, click here.
There will be a College and University Recruiting Event at the University of Pittsburgh on Tuesday, November 13 from 4PM to 7PM. This event is focused on entry-level positions relating to information technology, engineering, and more. This event will feature a special student workshop titled “LinkedIn & Your Career” and a professional photographer taking head shots. Students who attend the LinkedIn session will be able to get a head shot for free.
LOCATION: University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union, Kurtzman Room
(Main Floor), 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
UPMC is looking for students to participate in their Information Services Division (ISD) Summer Associate Program. This is an eleven-week paid internship. This program is a great way for students to kick-start their career and begin to prepare for full-time opportunities with UPMC post-graduation.
Summer associates will have the opportunity to:
- Work in one of UPMC’s many ISD areas including (but not limited to) information security, enterprise architecture, desktop design and integration, custom application development, cloud operations, project management, coding and testing, infrastructure, and strategic planning
- Gain hands-on training and real-world experience with access to top-notch technology in the world of innovative Healthcare IT
- Become a top candidate in consideration for their full-time ISD Rotational Program for recent graduates
- Be a part of Life Changing Medicine and see the impact your work can make on patient care and the future of healthcare
The deadline to apply is Thursday, November 1st. For more information and to apply for this position, click here.
SciMathTech Interview Day will take place on Friday, November 16 at IUP Monroeville Graduate and Professional Center, Monroeville, PA. This event is focused on students in the fields of Biology, Environmental Science, Information Systems and Technology, Mathematics, Statistics and Predictive Analytics.
At this event, students can submit resumes for internship and professional positions, and be considered for interviews with top companies/organizations, who are actively seeking employees or interns.
Employers include: AASHTO, Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory, Creehan & Company, Duquesne Light, Expedient, Federated Investors, FedEx Services, PNC and Raytheon.
For more information and to register for this event, click here. Registration is due by Wednesday, October 31st.
The Top Secret Colonials are hosting an event at Buffalo Wild Wings on Tuesday, October 16th, from 4PM until close. During this time, Buffalo Wild Wings will automatically donate 10% of all net sales to the Top Secret Colonials. Buffalo Wild Wings is located at 480 Home Drive in Robinson. For more information about the event, see the attached flyer below.
PNC is hosting its first ever STEAM Summit and Hackathon on November 15 and 16. The 2-day event will allow individuals to participate in a hackathon alongside other college students, hear from PNC Technology & Innovation Leadership and be paired with a PNC mentor as they continue their college journey.
• 3.0 GPA or higher in a STEAM-Related Major
• Interest in the Financial Services Industry
To be considered for this event, students will need to submit their resume and
a short essay (up to 350 words) responding to the following:
Innovation is critical to understanding our client’s needs, protecting their
interests and driving their success forward. In your personal experience,
tell us about a technology solution you’ve recently created or updated to
best meet the needs of others. What do you hope to get out of attending this
The United States Senate has several job openings for cybersecurity-related positions. It is important to note that the deadlines for several of these positions are on Thursday, October 4.
The positions include:
- Cybersecurity Principal Specialist – Host (#0044) – work includes leading a team of employees responsible for providing a full range of cybersecurity support to Senators, Senate Committees and other Senate offices.
- Cybersecurity Senior Specialist – Host (#5360) – work includes promoting system
cybersecurity to safeguard information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or tampering.
- Cybersecurity Specialist – Hunt (#5364) – work supports the mission of a specific cybersecurity team to protect centralized and distributed information systems, applications, and data.
- Cybersecurity Supervisor (#5271) – work includes supervising a combination of technical, professional and/or contract staff.
For more information about the jobs and the application process, click here.