The Top Secret Colonials received a $500 award from the ISC2 Pittsburgh Chapter for their participation in the Three Rivers Information Symposium and their dedication to raising awareness about cyber security. For more information about ISC2, click here.
There will be a College and University Recruiting Event at the University of Pittsburgh on Tuesday, November 13 from 4PM to 7PM. This event is focused on entry-level positions relating to information technology, engineering, and more. This event will feature a special student workshop titled “LinkedIn & Your Career” and a professional photographer taking head shots. Students who attend the LinkedIn session will be able to get a head shot for free.
LOCATION: University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union, Kurtzman Room
(Main Floor), 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
UPMC is looking for students to participate in their Information Services Division (ISD) Summer Associate Program. This is an eleven-week paid internship. This program is a great way for students to kick-start their career and begin to prepare for full-time opportunities with UPMC post-graduation.
Summer associates will have the opportunity to:
- Work in one of UPMC’s many ISD areas including (but not limited to) information security, enterprise architecture, desktop design and integration, custom application development, cloud operations, project management, coding and testing, infrastructure, and strategic planning
- Gain hands-on training and real-world experience with access to top-notch technology in the world of innovative Healthcare IT
- Become a top candidate in consideration for their full-time ISD Rotational Program for recent graduates
- Be a part of Life Changing Medicine and see the impact your work can make on patient care and the future of healthcare
The deadline to apply is Thursday, November 1st. For more information and to apply for this position, click here.
SciMathTech Interview Day will take place on Friday, November 16 at IUP Monroeville Graduate and Professional Center, Monroeville, PA. This event is focused on students in the fields of Biology, Environmental Science, Information Systems and Technology, Mathematics, Statistics and Predictive Analytics.
At this event, students can submit resumes for internship and professional positions, and be considered for interviews with top companies/organizations, who are actively seeking employees or interns.
Employers include: AASHTO, Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory, Creehan & Company, Duquesne Light, Expedient, Federated Investors, FedEx Services, PNC and Raytheon.
For more information and to register for this event, click here. Registration is due by Wednesday, October 31st.
The Top Secret Colonials are hosting an event at Buffalo Wild Wings on Tuesday, October 16th, from 4PM until close. During this time, Buffalo Wild Wings will automatically donate 10% of all net sales to the Top Secret Colonials. Buffalo Wild Wings is located at 480 Home Drive in Robinson. For more information about the event, see the attached flyer below.
PNC is hosting its first ever STEAM Summit and Hackathon on November 15 and 16. The 2-day event will allow individuals to participate in a hackathon alongside other college students, hear from PNC Technology & Innovation Leadership and be paired with a PNC mentor as they continue their college journey.
• 3.0 GPA or higher in a STEAM-Related Major
• Interest in the Financial Services Industry
To be considered for this event, students will need to submit their resume and
a short essay (up to 350 words) responding to the following:
Innovation is critical to understanding our client’s needs, protecting their
interests and driving their success forward. In your personal experience,
tell us about a technology solution you’ve recently created or updated to
best meet the needs of others. What do you hope to get out of attending this
The United States Senate has several job openings for cybersecurity-related positions. It is important to note that the deadlines for several of these positions are on Thursday, October 4.
The positions include:
- Cybersecurity Principal Specialist – Host (#0044) – work includes leading a team of employees responsible for providing a full range of cybersecurity support to Senators, Senate Committees and other Senate offices.
- Cybersecurity Senior Specialist – Host (#5360) – work includes promoting system
cybersecurity to safeguard information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or tampering.
- Cybersecurity Specialist – Hunt (#5364) – work supports the mission of a specific cybersecurity team to protect centralized and distributed information systems, applications, and data.
- Cybersecurity Supervisor (#5271) – work includes supervising a combination of technical, professional and/or contract staff.
For more information about the jobs and the application process, click here.
Crown Castle is looking for an IT Support Services Intern for Fall of 2018. Crown Castle is located in Canonsburg and is the nation’s largest provider of communications infrastructure, with over 40,000 cell towers and 60,000 route miles of fiber. The IT Support Services Intern/Co-Op will be responsible for supporting operations in the three areas of IT Client Services: Help Desk, Asset Management, and Desktop Support. The Intern/Co-Op in this position will rotate through each area, gaining real-world knowledge and experience along the way.
- Participating semi-weekly in the Change Control (change management) process
- Taking part in the system design and implementation of our enterprise ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Troubleshooting service interruption and degradation (Incidents)
- Fulfilling “Install, Move, Add, and Change” (IMAC) requests
- Attending meetings with teammates and other business units across Crown Castle
- Answering and returning phone calls, emails, and instant messages related to IT support
- Currently enrolled and with at least one year of schooling completed
- Information Technology-related field of study is preferred.
- Must be dependable, motivated, well-organized, and possess excellent communication skills
- Physical demands of lifting up to 60 pounds.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-time or part-time hours available each term depending on incumbent’s academic schedule.
- Pay rate of $16 per hour, plus free parking, onsite café & Starbucks, and walking trail access
To apply for this internship, please click here.
Pocket Nurse is looking for a Web Developer Intern to work for them during the Summer in Monaca. The internship will be paid and full-time. The intern is responsible for supporting initiatives across marketing and web by providing assistance with maintaining and developing web pages.
• Assists in the maintenance of current website content management pages and develops web pages by modifying templates.
• Creates new pages for websites from scratch.
• Maintains and updates existing content on websites.
• Performs testing to ensure web pages are highly functional across all browsers and devices to ensure a positive user experience.
• Troubleshoots functional and layout issues and creatively problem-solves.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information being accessed.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Web Development or a related field with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Able to provide a copy of college transcripts upon request.
• Prefers a student with an expected graduation date between Spring 2019 and Spring 2020.
• Available for 40 hours/week during summer months.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong understanding of developing responsive web pages.
• Experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress a plus.
• Computer knowledge including proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Photoshop, and Internet technology.
• Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks through completion.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
American Eagle is looking for summer interns to work on a three month project, from May to August. The internship will take place at 540 Keystone Dr. Warrendale, PA. The intern must be available 7AM-6PM, Monday through Friday. They must also have their own transportation.
For this project, American Eagle will be starting an iPad deployment in all of their stores. They are going to be upgrading all the iPads at the Warrendale location and shipping them out to the stores. These devices are used to check out customers, look up inventory, and process orders. They are a critical part of the store’s profitability.
During this project, our techs will be responsible for re-imaging and upgrading each iPad and packaging and shipping them to the stores. After they arrive at the stores, our technical professionals will be responsible for working with the store managers to make sure the product is effectively working.
In the morning, techs will be responsible for calling into the stores and answering calls from the stores. All work will be done remotely; they will never be on site. When taking calls from the stores/calling in, they will be speaking to the store manager to walk them through how to deploy the new device. This will require them to go into the iPad’s settings and set up the system to effectively work in the store. They will be given a script and they will be responsible for deploying multiple products in one store. This takes time and patience. They must be able to break down technical steps in a through manner to non-technical people.
In the afternoon, they will be responsible for the clean-up in all stores. To clean up, they will be using a mobile device management technology called AirWatch. They are going to set up the tracking of these devices through AirWatch. They are not responsible for shipping out iPads to stores or from stores; vendor will be doing this.
1.) 6 months+ of experience with MDM (Mobile Device Management) — must have understanding of tool and what it does; American Eagle is using AirWatch but can have any type of MDM.
2.) Must have strong understanding of MAC, Apple products.
3.) Strong customer service and multitasking skills.
4. ) Cisco, router, switch, command line experience is a plus.
For more information about this opportunity, contact Cassidy Rizzo at casrizzo@TEKsystems.com.