Pocket Nurse, a medical supply and equipment distributor, is looking for a summer intern to provide technical assistance and support to the Information Technology Department and end-users.
Internship Responsibilities (partial list):
- Provides desk side and remote technical assistance during regular business hours using the Pocket Nurse® IT Help Desk System to log, update and close-out when an issue is resolved.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse approved desktops, laptops, virtual workstations, mobile phones, and other devices.
- Prepares activity reports.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse-approved devices, various operating systems and enterprise business applications, network connectivity, etc.
- Issuing and maintainting inventory of IT-related equipment
- Provides support to IT team members for project implementation and maintenance as needed.
- Adheres to departmental standards while maintaining a highly professional service level that is courteous and knowledgeable to all IT skill levels of their internal customers.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with VMware or remote desktop technology.
• Strong computer knowledge including proficiency with MS Office, Windows OS, hardware, software, and internet technology.
• Ability to learn new technologies and expand knowledge of internal systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and research information quickly for solutions.
• Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive work relationships with all levels of individuals in a company.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems.
• Strong Attention to detail.
• Proficient with LAN/WAN hardware administration or Brocade Networking; SharePoint a plus.
• Experience with ShoreTel phone systems a plus.
• Experience with Spice Works a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML, PHP, CMS and Progress a plus.