What you will be doing:
As a Help Desk Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for administration, staff and faculty from area school districts and intermediate units who are seeking technical assistance for a variety of desktop and network issues. Help Desk Specialists provide technical support over the phone and email, fulfilling required objectives outlined below.
– Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. This position requires being available to users requiring assistance
– Respond to questions from callers and attend to the following objectives (collect caller information, identify the exact problem location, document all case details, provide trouble-shooting within the guidelines of client SLA
– Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
– Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures, accurately log incoming requests using the web based system
– Accept general responsibility for the call center and ensure that it is ready for use; stock paper and toner in printers, restart frozen computers, keep area neat and organized, etc.
– Attend all Help Desk training sessions
– Become familiar with available help resources; stay updated on general technology changes or specific district problems
– Become familiar with Questeq policies, services, and staff
– Direct calls to appropriate management and Level II staff as necessary
– Maintain reasonable discipline and decorum in the Help Desk area
– Other duties as assigned by management or Questeq staff
– Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ablility to work well with others
– Ablility to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired
– Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
– Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multi-task effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
– Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
– Adequate familiarity with equipment found in call center facility and surrounding area
$10.00 per hour
20-25 hours per week
Available to start immediately
Location: Wheeling, WV
Orrick’s Global Operation Center in Wheeling, WV has excellent Technology Internship opportunity for students currently working towards their Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in technology.
Service Operations Intern: Provide front line telephone support to attorneys and staff on all firm computer systems (hardware and software) and to work on special projects as needed.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Proficiency with desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of networking concepts, database concepts and basic scripting and/or programming.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and multitask assignments, and to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
• Willingness to learn and grow in a professional environment.
• GPA of 3.2 or above.
The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program places students from 2 and 4-year undergraduate institutions as paid interns in science and engineering research activities at DOE national laboratories and facilities, working with laboratory staff scientists and engineers on projects related to ongoing research programs. Appointments are for 10 weeks during the Summer term, are open to US Citizens and US Lawful Permanent Residents, include a weekly stipend, reimbursement for one round trip domestic travel to the participant’s host DOE laboratory, and possibilities for a housing allowance. More than 850 internships are sponsored annually.
Full program information and descriptions, including links to the online application system, are available at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/
Applications for the summer program are due January 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM ET.
Online Application Address:
For more information click the link below: