Procurement Internships – Business, Supply Chain or Technical Students
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Covestro Procurement group is currently seeking interns for the summer of 2018 at our North American headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA. As part of the Procurement team, you will work on projects that support the planning, analysis and procurement of many strategic materials and services which are required to maintain or improve the efficient, low cost operation of the company’s facilities.
Throughout the summer internship program at Covestro, you’ll work closely with our highly skilled and experienced Procurement professionals. In addition to the work experience, you may have the opportunity to visit a plant and/or warehouse to give you greater insight and a first-hand look at our day-to-day operations.
You’ll contribute to ongoing projects that will help improve people’s quality of life, getting an intimate look at how Covestro identifies customer needs and keeps the flow of new and established products moving through the marketplace. The internship program will last approximately 12 weeks.
To be considered for an internship position you must meet the qualifications below:
Who you are
• Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with an emphasis in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Information Technology, International Business or related degree.
• Completion of Sophomore year.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals.
• Project coordination with the ability to be proactive and identify creative, effective technical solutions.
• Demonstrated PC skills and ability to work within Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Exposure to SAP through internship or coursework.
• Previous internship experience in Logistics, Procurement or Information Technology.
Reference Code: 0000011809