Questeq is looking for three Help Desk Specialists to work for them part-time or as an intern, between ten and thirty hours per week. The salary is between $9 and $10 per hour. Questeq is looking to start some part-time employees in May, and train more over the summer and into the fall.
The Help Desk Specialists are the first point of contact for administration, staff and faculty from area school districts and intermediate units who are seeking technical assistance for a variety of desktop and network issues. Interns provide technical support over the phone and email.
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service
- Respond to questions from callers and attend to the following objectives: collect caller information, identify the exact problem location, document all case details, provide troubleshooting within the guidelines of client SLA
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures, accurately log incoming requests using the web based system
- Accept general responsibility for the call center and ensure that it is ready for use
- Become familiar with available help resources, policies, services, and staff
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
- Adequate familiarity with equipment found in call center facility and surrounding area
Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the job/internship, click here. For more information about Questeq, click here.
Pocket Nurse, a medical supply and equipment distributor, is looking for a summer intern to provide technical assistance and support to the Information Technology Department and end-users.
Internship Responsibilities (partial list):
- Provides desk side and remote technical assistance during regular business hours using the Pocket Nurse® IT Help Desk System to log, update and close-out when an issue is resolved.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse approved desktops, laptops, virtual workstations, mobile phones, and other devices.
- Prepares activity reports.
- Installs, configures, and supports Pocket Nurse-approved devices, various operating systems and enterprise business applications, network connectivity, etc.
- Issuing and maintainting inventory of IT-related equipment
- Provides support to IT team members for project implementation and maintenance as needed.
- Adheres to departmental standards while maintaining a highly professional service level that is courteous and knowledgeable to all IT skill levels of their internal customers.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with VMware or remote desktop technology.
• Strong computer knowledge including proficiency with MS Office, Windows OS, hardware, software, and internet technology.
• Ability to learn new technologies and expand knowledge of internal systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and research information quickly for solutions.
• Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive work relationships with all levels of individuals in a company.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems.
• Strong Attention to detail.
• Proficient with LAN/WAN hardware administration or Brocade Networking; SharePoint a plus.
• Experience with ShoreTel phone systems a plus.
• Experience with Spice Works a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML, PHP, CMS and Progress a plus.
Students can find more information about this opportunity here and can apply at http://careers.pocketnurse.com. Applications must be submitted by April 14, 2017.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Business Analytics Associate (Intern). MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology. A core requirement for the internship is the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications.
- Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies
- Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
- Maintain, test, and debug analytical code
- Develop in-depth understanding of client’s product and marketing environment
- Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills
- Well-organized with time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- High degree of flexibility
Students can apply here on MSA’s website or through the ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist (Intern) – MS Excel-based Analyst. MSA is a diversified information management company in Pittsburgh that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. The intern will be responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring successful completion of client project assignments.
Internship Responsibilities include:
- Run routine reports and conduct preliminary analysis of data
- Become familiar with data analysis and the usage of the company’s analytical tools and capabilities
- Work with team members to learn about the company’s clients
- Provide clients with standard reports and respond to requests for basic ad hoc reports
- Participate in client meetings and shadow Client Relationship Managers to develop a sound knowledge of partnership-building
- Coordinate with internal business groups to resolve basic client problems, and improve levels of service to clients
- Learn the systematic problem solving processes used in Client Service
Required Skills include:
- Strong Math and MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and develop business and data-analysis skills
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, managers, and coworkers
- Team worker
Students can apply here or through RMU’s ColonialTRAK website. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd.
PharmBlue is looking for a Business Analyst Intern to work for them during the summer, from May 15th to August 15th, in Warrendale, PA. The intern will work 40 hours per week and will be paid $17.50 per hour. The Business Analyst Intern will perform research tasks with a view to gather data pertaining to industry, company and customer trends.
Duties for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize data from multiple sources
- Perform evaluation on new business opportunities and initiatives
- Present timely, compelling, fact based analyses, reports, and dashboards that explain the business “story” behind the data
- Identify critical business problems and translate them into structured analyses
- Document high level requirements using diagrams and structured requirements
- Write reports and manuals for the benefit of end users
- Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to management
- BA, BS or other technical degree
- MBA or graduate degree student
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Students are to send their applications to CConroy@pharmblue.com. Applications must be submitted by Saturday, April 1st. For more information about the internship, click here. For more information about the company PharmBlue, click here.
The National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA) are looking for a candidate who is fluent in the Spanish language. As an intern, you will work with a senior analyst on specific research and data collection using various tools and applications as well as proactive research in open sources. You will also engage in collaboration with NCFTA partners and peers and be expected to participate in program meetings.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and be eligible for a U.S. Government security clearance
• Major studies in areas of consideration: International Affairs/Politics/Relations; Intelligence/Security Studies; Computer Science; Information Security; Business Intelligence or related fields. Other majors are considered on a case by case basis.
• SPANISH FLUENCY REQUIRED – Excellent Verbal and Writing Communication Skills in the Spanish Language
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
To apply for this internship, please click on the link below.
In the beginning of February, the Top Secret Colonial officers hacked into a Furby Connect. Furby Connect is a children’s toy that is now on sale. These new Furbies have a new feature that has Bluetooth connection. While it seems like a cool new product it is product along with many other children’s toys and new appliances that are putting your personal life into danger.
Most people do not realize that having that having all these products hooked up to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection is giving anyone access basically into your home. While these new children’s toys may be convenient and easy to keep your child entertained. They keep all this information stored every time it is being used. Hackers can end up getting your mailing address, e-mail, internet history, your birthday and even the child’s birth date, video recordings and pictures of the child or anything else. It is kind of like giving your child a camera that is on record the whole time and tracks everything you do. It is just like your cell phones, they recommend wiping your whole phone once you are done with it. It is definitely something to think about while you are connecting any devices up to unsecured networks.