McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services is looking for a “Six Sigma Intern” to work in their internship program. McKesson provides technology that supports pharmacy operations and patient care through operational workflow, clinical programs, 340B program management, and inventory optimization. McKesson’s Undergraduate Intern program provides the intern with an opportunity to experience the healthcare industry first-hand. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing business.
This a paid internship that involves part-time and/or full-time work. The average work day will last eight hours. The internship will take place in Moon Township. Each intern is assigned a project-focused opportunity on a current targeted goal within the McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services business.
Six Sigma Internship Details:
- Complete online Yellow Belt Training.
- Develop Project Charters and Business Cases for potential future Six Sigma projects.
- Support Black Belts in administering the Six Sigma Green Belt Program.
- Support Black Belt and Green Belt projects by:
- Mapping the current state of the process
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- Analyzing the root causes of non-conformance
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate with finance to ensure that project improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program applicable to Accounting, Finance or MIS and entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Must have the following critical skills:
- Willingness to learn, develop and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience leading a project.
- High degree of personal initiative.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
Applicants are encouraged to visit McKesson’s booth at the RMU Career Fair on Thursday, March 23rd from 12 – 3pm. They can also apply through McKesson’s website. For more information about the internship, go to the ColonialTRAK website.