IntegraONE is looking for a help desk intern to work with them during the summer. This is a full-time internship from May through August with the opportunity to continue part time in the fall, August through December.
As the summer IT Help Desk intern, you will help the call center of the integraONE Help Desk. This is an entry level IT position that will give you experience in PC application, computer hardware, troubleshooting skills, and interaction within the business. This position will be 90% answering Help Desk calls with basic first call resolution.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware and applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and professional presentation
- IT Related coursework
- 3.0 GPA
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours)
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours at a time).
- Must have transportation to integraONE office
Please forward your résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the company integraONE, click here.
Dr. Peter Wu was featured in RMU’s Achieve magazine this month for his research into the design and creation of computing tools. Dr. Wu has been working on a National Science Foundation (NSF) project to create new learning tools, case studies, videos, and class exercises that will be used at 33 universities. This project is making an impact by building a community of people with skills in software verification and validation. Congratulations, Dr. Wu!
See the full article here.
In this year’s Def Con convention this year showcase had a different twist on IT work. One that merged animals and IT working together. It sounds like a crazy combination and a highly unlikely one that would work well but it did. Gene Bransfield used his friend’s cat, he put on the cat’s color a kit that had Spark Core Wi-Fi development board and had Internet connectivity where ever the cat ended up going.
Now this may sound stupid because cats are going to wander around and do whatever they want to do. But the purpose of the experiment was to see how many people had unsecured, or weak Wi-Fi in their homes. In simple terms who could easily access their Internet just from being on their street.
When the cat was sent out, there was 23 Wi-Fi hotspots found and what they found was more interesting. Four of the networks had been completely open with no security what so ever and four using WEP rather than the WPA-2 standard. The purpose of this was to show that people need to be more aware of the fact that when it comes to Internet you have to have the right safety and protective measures when using the Internet. You never know when a cat or dog with a pack on them will be lurking around to see if you have secure Internet.
SYCOR AMERICAS Inc. is a part of the Sycor Group, a leading full-range IT service provider with 23 locations worldwide. Our core business is the implementation and operation of industry-oriented Microsoft Dynamics solutions. As one of the world’s largest Microsoft Dynamics service providers and a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we offer development opportunities in a growing work environment. As we continue to expand our business in North America, we are looking for highly motivated interns who are interested in working in a fast growing IT sector.
Position open to currently enrolled Juniors, Seniors or recent graduates. Opportunity to turn into a full time position upon completion of internship. Duration and timeline of internship to be determined on an individual basis. We look forward to hearing from you!
• Learn the ins and outs of an ERP System
• Learn basics about how a Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution is developed and implemented
• Learn about our standard processes for sales and project administration
• The Microsoft Sure Step project methodology will be emphasized
• Goal of the internship – ability to post standard processes within a Microsoft Dynamics AX & CRM solution
• Understanding of business processes
• High interest in IT
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and process design skills
• Highly motivated self-starters
• Able to work independently as well as in a team
• German language skills a plus
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) or by mail to SYCOR AMERICAS Inc., One Penn Center West, Suite 406, Pittsburgh PA 15276.For more information click the link:
Automated Health Systems currently has an Information Sciences internship opportunity (i.e., 10-12 weeks) for Summer 2017.
In this position, individuals will be involved in all steps in a software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
Individuals will be implementing business solutions using the latest Microsoft technology, including SQL Server, Visual Studio, C#, and ASP.NET.
- Individuals must possess the ability to contribute to software solutions in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, plus the ability to apply a structured approach to software development.
- Individuals must have the ability to work in a demanding environment, and be capable of quickly learning and applying new skills.
Interested candidates must be studying Information Sciences or related major. This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Compensation provided.
If interested in this opportunity, please submit resume and transcript with position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (412) 367-1131.
Top Secret Colonials will be having a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza on Monday, April 3rd. The fundraiser will take place between 4 pm and 9 pm. In order to be involved with the fundraiser, all you have to do is bring the flyer (posted below) or show it on your phone before paying. Blaze Pizza will donate 20% of proceeds to the Top Secret Colonials.
Blaze Pizza is located in Settlers Ridge at 290 Settlers Ridge Center Drive in Robinson Township. For more information about the event, see the flyer below.
Management Science Associates is looking for a Software Developer to intern for them in Pittsburgh. Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology.
- Assist with fixing minor bugs
- Work under the direct supervision of Senior Software Developers and Software Engineers to perform maintenance on existing software products
- Independently work on all SDLC phases
- Work with Software Engineering staff to understand and learn to resolve software problems
- Research third-party ingredient technologies to determine upgrade/migration paths and impacts to current frameworks
- Participate in user interface design
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Programming experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of relational databases, Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong communication and technical skills
Students can apply on the MSA website here or through the ColonialTRAK website. Students must apply by Saturday, May 27th.