Top Secret Colonials is sponsoring the Wombat Security Technologies Presentation on Monday, April 16th. The presentation will take place from 4:30PM to 5:30PM in the Wheatley Atrium.
This presentation will focus on the products Wombat delivers to its customers. During the presentation, Sean Ehrman and Jake Pancari will simulate a mock-phishing attack and demonstrate the training modules customers would go through should they fall for said-attack. They will also discuss the dangers of social engineering while reviewing a real case study before ending in a Q&A segment.
Wombat Security is a cyber security company whose goal is to deliver software-based cyber awareness and training to help employees understand the risks associated with improper cyber practices and subsequently correct their behavior to strength an organization’s overall security environment.
Students will earn 1 SET credit for attending, and pizza will be provided. For more information about the event, contact Dr. Paullet at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Wombat, click here.
What you will be doing:
As a Help Desk Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for administration, staff and faculty from area school districts and intermediate units who are seeking technical assistance for a variety of desktop and network issues. Help Desk Specialists provide technical support over the phone and email, fulfilling required objectives outlined below.
– Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. This position requires being available to users requiring assistance
– Respond to questions from callers and attend to the following objectives (collect caller information, identify the exact problem location, document all case details, provide trouble-shooting within the guidelines of client SLA
– Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
– Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures, accurately log incoming requests using the web based system
– Accept general responsibility for the call center and ensure that it is ready for use; stock paper and toner in printers, restart frozen computers, keep area neat and organized, etc.
– Attend all Help Desk training sessions
– Become familiar with available help resources; stay updated on general technology changes or specific district problems
– Become familiar with Questeq policies, services, and staff
– Direct calls to appropriate management and Level II staff as necessary
– Maintain reasonable discipline and decorum in the Help Desk area
– Other duties as assigned by management or Questeq staff
– Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ablility to work well with others
– Ablility to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired
– Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
– Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multi-task effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
– Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
– Adequate familiarity with equipment found in call center facility and surrounding area
$10.00 per hour
20-25 hours per week
Available to start immediately
Location: Wheeling, WV
Orrick’s Global Operation Center in Wheeling, WV has excellent Technology Internship opportunity for students currently working towards their Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in technology.
Service Operations Intern: Provide front line telephone support to attorneys and staff on all firm computer systems (hardware and software) and to work on special projects as needed.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Proficiency with desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of networking concepts, database concepts and basic scripting and/or programming.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and multitask assignments, and to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
• Willingness to learn and grow in a professional environment.
• GPA of 3.2 or above.
Symbiotries, Inc. is currently seeking applications for its software design internship program. Symbiotries is a startup tech company that focuses on accounting software, employee benefits, retirement plans, and insurance. Through this internship, you will gain experience of working on actual marketing campaigns, social media, website and design work. This position would report directly to the CTO of the company.
The internship will take place from Spring 2018 through August 2018 in Wexford. It is flexible, with a 15 to 25 hour work week. The intern will receive a salary of $12.75 per hour.
The position would require:
- Applicants working towards their degree in computer design
- Computer applications
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- QuickBooks and Peachtree knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of both PC and Macs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working on company social media applications
- Software and website design
- Must have reliable transportation
- Working up to 25 hours a week and have a flexible work schedule
- The position could lead to a full time position upon graduation
To apply for this internship, please email Randy Kreider at email@example.com. For more information, click here.
Lunch and Learn with Plus Consulting. Plus Consulting is looking for IT interns. Please see their job posting on ColonialTRAK (ID#44663) Bring your resume to the Lunch and Learn in Benjamin Rush at 12:30.
The Top Secret Colonials are hosting an event at Buffalo Wild Wings on Tuesday, March 27th, from 4PM until close. During this time, Buffalo Wild Wings will automatically donate 10% of all net sales to the Top Secret Colonials. Buffalo Wild Wings is located at 480 Home Dr. in Robinson. For more information, see the attached flyer.