Wakefern Food Corporation is the nation’s largest retailer-owned cooperative, and the wholesale distribution and merchandising arm for ShopRite supermarkets. They currently have an opening for a Leader in Training (Management Trainee – Technical Track) located in Edison, NJ.
As Management Trainee you will participate in a 20-month program that will prepare you for a programmer analyst position within the organization. Additionally, you will participate in all life-cycle activities in support of various IT projects.
- Four-year college degree required (Information Technology/Business Management, preferred).
- Career interest in Information Technology and Project Management.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in programming discipline, utilities, operating system, etc., is essential; working experience in another business system is desirable; but not mandatory.
- Experience with WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Portal is a plus.
- An understanding or interest in developing mobile applications, either natively or using a cross-platform development tool (ie. Worklight) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the DB2/Oracle/SQL Server database platforms and SQL would be considered a plus.
- Interest in keeping up with the latest technologies and determining ways that that they can be applied to the business.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks as well as report to multiple management levels.
- Proven leadership, assertiveness and interpersonal skills proficiency is essential.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to write and deliver both formal and informal presentations.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years supermarket or other retail/wholesale related experience is preferred.
Candidates interested in the Information Technology Track – Please mail, fax or email your resume and salary history to:
Wakefern Food Corporation, Attn: YC, Human Resources P5-104, 230 Raritan Center Parkway, Edison, NJ 08837. Fax: (732) 346-8998.