mSE North America, Inc. is currently looking for applicants to fill openings for Software Engineer and Database Developer positions. If interested, please apply soon because the application ends on 1/31/2016. Below is all of the information one will need to consider before applying. The position is located in Pittsburgh and is full-time. If interested in applying, send your resume to Hdsluma@mse-solutions.com
Some of the major tasks of the positions include:
- Performing application software development and system enhancements in a distributed platform environment across multiple technologies
- Perform application software development for large scale applications
- Code management and coordination across multiple branches of code.
- Technology quality assurance review and testing utilizing a variety of tools (for example: TOAD, Dos command, IPSwitch, WinSCP, terminal server technology)
- Coordinate on site and off shore teams that may consist of internal or external personnel or peers who code, test, and debug from specifications
Some additional responsibilities include:
- Develop complex software, performed across a variety of technology platforms, and create system design, coding, system testing, debugging and data transformations
- Translate business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs; perform gap analysis and identify technology components needed to support business
- Full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming; good understanding of the function for which application is designed, that are PL/SQL or database based
- Implement software development best practices and lessons learned as a means continuous improvement
- a degree in a degree in (business) information technology, business informatics, or a similar degree.
- Ideally > 5 years / minimum 3 years – experience in database development or respective consulting practice
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 3+ years related experience
- Advanced and thorough understanding of IT concepts, including database concept structures software/application development techniques and testing techniques
- Strong understanding of 4th generation language software development, like Powerbuilder, VBA, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
Special Job Requirements:
- 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience
- 3+ years of application software development, systems analysis, design/test experience and/or other related IT experience is required.
- Experience with projects that involve large batch processes in Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience handling and managing large volumes of data processing, tuning high-volume near real-time applications for performance and instrumentation of code for tuning and monitoring.
- Data Warehousing experience a plus
- English: biz fluent
- Advantage: German: good
- Analytical thinking
- Readiness of mind
- Coordination / management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Communication / Presentation
- Willingness to perform
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results / dedication
- Ability to work in teams
- Personnel management
- Embraces change
- Willingness to learn