HM Health Solutions is holding an event called Project: Future event on Friday, March 18, 2016 in Downtown Pittsburgh from 9 am to 3 pm. Developed specifically for seniors seeking to jump-start their career upon graduation, Project: Future will showcase HM Health Solutions to give attendees a look into what we have to offer, our career opportunities, educational sessions presented by experts on key topics in the technical industry and the opportunity to network with our employees.
They are looking to recruit top talent for Project: Future and would love representation from Robert Morris University. Interested candidates should email their resume to HMHSCareers@highmark.com. Upon meeting the following criteria, eligible candidates will receive an official invitation for admission (space is limited):
- Will earn a bachelor’s degree or higher in Application Development, Project Management, Business Analysis, Information Technology Operations or similar field
- Currently has and will earn an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Legally authorized to work for any United States employer
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership abilities through their studies, employment or extracurricular activities
mSE North America, Inc. is currently looking for applicants to fill openings for Software Engineer and Database Developer positions. If interested, please apply soon because the application ends on 1/31/2016. Below is all of the information one will need to consider before applying. The position is located in Pittsburgh and is full-time. If interested in applying, send your resume to Hdsluma@mse-solutions.com
Some of the major tasks of the positions include:
- Performing application software development and system enhancements in a distributed platform environment across multiple technologies
- Perform application software development for large scale applications
- Code management and coordination across multiple branches of code.
- Technology quality assurance review and testing utilizing a variety of tools (for example: TOAD, Dos command, IPSwitch, WinSCP, terminal server technology)
- Coordinate on site and off shore teams that may consist of internal or external personnel or peers who code, test, and debug from specifications
Some additional responsibilities include:
- Develop complex software, performed across a variety of technology platforms, and create system design, coding, system testing, debugging and data transformations
- Translate business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs; perform gap analysis and identify technology components needed to support business
- Full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming; good understanding of the function for which application is designed, that are PL/SQL or database based
- Implement software development best practices and lessons learned as a means continuous improvement
- a degree in a degree in (business) information technology, business informatics, or a similar degree.
- Ideally > 5 years / minimum 3 years – experience in database development or respective consulting practice
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 3+ years related experience
- Advanced and thorough understanding of IT concepts, including database concept structures software/application development techniques and testing techniques
- Strong understanding of 4th generation language software development, like Powerbuilder, VBA, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
Special Job Requirements:
- 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience
- 3+ years of application software development, systems analysis, design/test experience and/or other related IT experience is required.
- Experience with projects that involve large batch processes in Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience handling and managing large volumes of data processing, tuning high-volume near real-time applications for performance and instrumentation of code for tuning and monitoring.
- Data Warehousing experience a plus
- English: biz fluent
- Advantage: German: good
- Analytical thinking
- Readiness of mind
- Coordination / management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Communication / Presentation
- Willingness to perform
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results / dedication
- Ability to work in teams
- Personnel management
- Embraces change
- Willingness to learn
Michael Baker International is seeking a GIT Systems Developer I to join their Moon Township, PA office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of comprehensive, robust functional specifications used by Development, QA, Product Management and other relevant stakeholders. All other software development artifacts will be measured for accuracy and completeness against these specifications.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Creates user interface mock-ups and associated behavioral rules to define navigation, validation, data relationships and trigger events
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Effectively design software systems using existing architectures and patterns by following industry best practices using C#, MVC 4.0/5.0 and T-SQL
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Participates in planning, estimation and scheduling activities
- Participates in design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews and documentation reviews
- Performs other duties as required
The requirements include a BS in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Systems or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience, and experience in developing functional specifications for commercial software products. In addition, they are looking for with the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong abstraction, organization and simplification skills
- Detailed understanding of business processes
- Understanding of functional specification approaches that lead to successful technical design and test case development
- Strong process definition skills
- Skilled at abstracting process details from domain experts
- Skilled at analyzing and mapping complex processes
- Skilled at identifying exception conditions
In addition, they would like 1 to 2 years’ experience developing software that included specific experience in the following:
- Knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments built on .NET Framework using ASP.NET MVC 4.5/5.0
- Strong knowledge of communications protocols, Object Oriented (O.O.), programming techniques and multi-threaded applications
- Database experience to include SQL Server and Oracle design and administration
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects
- Ability to create and present key requirements artifacts without direct supervision
- Interpersonal and team work skills
To sum it up, here a list of qualities that the preferred applicant will have:
- MS Degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Systems or related discipline is a plus
- Experience with Objective – C and Cocoa Touch Development
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Anybody interested in applying should contact:
Jeffrey L Brooks | Lead Recruiter/Great Lakes Region | Michael Baker International
100 Airside Drive | Pittsburgh (Moon Township) PA 15108| [O] 412-269-4656 [F] 412-472-9116
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.mbakerintl.com
I hope all is well with everyone as we continue to move deeper into the semester. Here are just a few updates with the club.
Everyone please remember to drop off jars of peanut butter and jelly in order to help the us give back. Drop-off boxes are located near the admissions office, in Romo’s, and right outside of Dr. Paullet’s office.
In addition, the Top Secret Colonials are going to be hosting a 12-Hour Gaming Charity Marathon sometime in October. The details on when and where are still being worked out, so be aware of updates happening soon. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
Also, please be aware of the cyber security awareness tips being posted throughout the month. Continue to email ideas as you think of them.
Last, if you missed any of the meetings regarding the D.C. National Security Seminar Trip and you’re interested in going, please schedule a meeting with Dr. Paullet.
Thanks, and enjoy the rest of Cyber Security Awareness Month!
True North Logistics is currently searching for IT Specialist Mid-Level Field Service Technicians. These positions are focused with providing general IT technical services in the effort to support a high profile government client. Some of the possible duties and responsibilities for this position include:
Providing desk side support to computer HW, SW, and other electronic or mechanical devices including clients, servers, and legacy systems, providing resolution of incidents that could not be resolved remotely and are transferred from the Service Desk to the site for resolution, investigating, resolving, documenting, and reporting the causes and corrective actions in the Incident Management System for all incidents assigned by the Service Desk, complying with escalation procedures and Government directed prioritization to resolve assigned incidents consistent with Service Level Requirements, providing break fix support for contractor furnished and government owned printers, and maintaining and supporting deployable end user devices for use in an expeditionary or field environment.
True North Logistics is offering this position at the following locations: San Diego, Washington DC, Honolulu, Patuxent River, Cherry Point, Oklahoma City, Norfolk, Charleston (SC)
Only a high school diploma or a GED is required to be qualified for this position. The company also requires 4-6 years of information systems experience in the applicants, as well as experience in SAN/Back-Up/Recovery technologies and operations in a fast paced, Enterprise IT support environment. In addition, they require the A+ and OS Certification. A+ must be possessed prior to on-boarding; OS certification can be obtained within 90 days. A Secret (or interim) security clearance is required.
Interested applicants should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title and location in the subject line.
I hope everyone’s summer has gone well so far, and I hope that everyone is almost ready for another great school year as August nears. The article below is by far one of the best articles I’ve seen/read on cybersecurity. With the pool of both the good and bad guys involved with cybersecurity only continuing to grow, the battle to protect and damage critical infrastructure will continue to rage on. Shawn Henry, current president of CrowdStrike Services and former FBI Assistant Director, discusses how cyber adversaries are adapting and finding new ways to attack. In addition, he discusses the growing issue with China continuing to illegally access the U.S.’s private data, and how our nation must provide a better response to these incidents. In addition, a few other topics in cybersecurity are discussed. All in all, this blog post cannot give you all of the detail provided by this marvelous article. Please take the time to read it.
Attention all CIS majors: specifically Cyber Forensics and Information Security. If you have not already, please follow our Twitter page and like our Facebook page. Information about meetings, future club events, cyber current events, and much more are provided there. Plus, we could really use the support with getting our organization much more popular around campus. We need your help in order to transform the Top Secret Colonials into a cyber security organization!
We are going to have an event at Chipotle (similar to the Buffalo Wild Wings one). We are tentatively planning for March 16th from 4-8, but will confirm this date at a later time. In addition, if you are going on the trip to The Washington Center, please see Dr. Paullet when she gets back to find out more information about how to start fundraising.