The CIS department is currently seeking a CIS Department Blog Writer/Assistant. This will be a paid work-study position ($9/hour up to 5 hours per week) that will be available for the full academic year 2015-2016.
- Edit and/or write blog articles on topics assigned by the faculty editor in a timely manner
- Work with members of the CIS department and RMU community to discover topics and issues for the blog and follow up on those topics in future blog posts
- Monitor IT-related news outlets to discover topics and issues appropriate for the blog and follow up by writing blog posts
- Manage and edit media related to blog posts (images, video)
- Assist the faculty editor with management of the blog sidebar items/links and technical features in WordPress
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Enthusiasm for IT-related topics
- Ability to manage tasks and time effectively
- Skills in writing for the Web, editing images, editing video, and/or WordPress is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume through Colonial Trak or contact Dr. Jamie Pinchot (email@example.com):
Note: Blog volunteers are also needed to write articles on a less structured schedule, with SET credit available for this work. Please also contact Dr. Jamie Pinchot if you are interested in volunteering.