The National Cyber Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA) brings public and private industry together to research and identify current and emerging cyber crime threats globally. “Our organization strives to achieve professional and technical excellence, build lasting professional relationships and make a difference in society. We hire employees who are passionate about what they do and we promote a culture of integrity and hard work.” For further information see http://www.ncfta.net.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will be the key contact for on-site and remote users for terminal problems and inquiries. You will be tasked with complying with all of the policies and procedures associated with IT Service Management. Departments will rely on you to help solve problems which are interfering with the timely completion of their work. You will ensure that help is given to these departments as quickly and efficiently as possible. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides immediate assistance and problem resolution for service inquiries concerning utilization and information regarding all staff computer system applications, telephony and personal computers and mobile devices.
• Must have Prior experience in a Help Desk or other customer focused technical support environment
• Proficient in operation of Windows OS and standard Windows applications including, but not limited to, MS Office Apps, Web Browsers, and other general productivity applications.
• Proficient in hardware troubleshooting and break/fix.
• Proficient in computer networking and connectivity troubleshooting techniques.
• Knowledge of higher-level Windows-based OS maintenance tasks, including Group Policy and Windows Update tasks.
• Document symptoms, troubleshooting steps, and ultimate resolution for all issues.
• Organize and manage a stock of computers, peripherals and other IT-related devices.
• Configure new equipment and reconfigure returned equipment for re-use.
• Experience training users on software and hardware on site and providing hands on technical assistance
• KACE System Management Experience a plus
Position Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and pass a security clearance
• Prior experience in Help Desk or other customer focused technical support environment
• Able to pass a background check
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Detail oriented and follow-up skills are a must
• Need to have the ability to work well in a team environment
• Desire to learn new technology and broaden existing technical base
Email resume to HumanResources@ncfta.net
We thank all interested but only those being considered will be contacted